Chapter 16 * Wedding Bells

It's Sunday, and my mom, Diana, and I are together at the coffee shop in town, going over my wedding plans for the summer.

"So here's the list I'd like to accomplish before starting school in the fall," I say as I lay the list where we can all look at it.

My mom looks over it and reads it aloud. 

"1. Book Church
2. Find Reception Venue
3. Dress
4. Maid of Honor Dress
5. Book Caterer
6. Book Photographer
7. Order Flowers
8. Favors
9. Table Centerpieces"

Mom's eyes swam with tears as she looked at me. "I can't believe my baby's getting married!"

My lips trembled, tears threatening to fall as I leaned over to hug her. "Oh, Mom."

We stayed embraced for a few moments before regaining our composure.

Mom sits straight, clears her throat, and announces, "We need to make a plan to divide and conquer."

Several cups of coffee later, we have a plan. Mom is booking the church and calling photographers while I set up a dress appointment and look into venues and caterers. Diana is on flowers, centerpieces, and favors.

This summer is going to be busy.

The summer is ending, and school starts in a few weeks

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

The summer is ending, and school starts in a few weeks. We've completed the list. Today is our dress appointment. My mom, William's mom, Elaine, and Diana accompany me.

I've narrowed it down to two dresses. One is a mermaid-style, and the other is a full-skirt princess-style. Both have lace overlaying satin and v-necks.

I put on the mermaid-style dress, and tears shimmer in my eyes as I take a moment to admire it in the mirror. The sweetheart-laced strapless V-neck accentuates my ample cleavage, and the see-through lace bodice looks elegantly sexy. The skirt hugs my curves and flares at the bottom, revealing my hourglass figure flawlessly.

My mind drifts back to the first time I met my green-eyed man on my first day at Crystal Lake High School. It was love at first sight, and it feels like a lifetime ago. I smooth out the dress and take a deep breath before stepping out of the dressing room to model.

"Oh, Nicole. That's gorgeous!" Elaine exclaims.

Tears fill my mom's eyes. "It is! It fits you perfectly, Honey."

"I love it too, and you look so beautiful, Nicole," Diana chimes in.

My mouth curved into a smile. "I adore this dress. I think this is the one."

"I'm excited to see your other choice. It better be pretty damn perfect to outdo this one," Diane said with a sparkle in her eyes.

I nod and return to the dressing room to change into the princess-style dress.

The off-the-shoulder lace sleeves have intricate floral designs that continue through the V-neck and bodice. Cinched at the waist is a delicate beaded band, and the full-flowing skirt continues the floral lace design. It's stunning, and I feel like a Disney princess. I step out of the dressing room.