Chapter Two * The Lake

I seriously can't stop thinking about that new girl, Nicole

I seriously can't stop thinking about that new girl, Nicole. Man, I was right when I told Chris he didn't do her justice.

I could get lost in those chocolate brown eyes forever. I was astonished when I caught Nicole's face turning red before she turned away, breaking the trance she had me in till Tessa touched my arm. Could she be jealous of Tessa? Damn Tessa. I can't believe how she talked to Nicole.

"William!" My dad's voice startles me.

I jump. "Shit, Dad, you scared me."

He looked heavenward, rolling his eyes. "I called you three times. What's on your mind, Son? I know it's not your work."

My eyes shift to the floor. "Sorry, Dad. I met a new girl at school."

His eyebrows rose, and he smirked. "Say no more; I should've guessed that it was a girl. Now, if you can handle concentrating on your work, I need you to restock the soda aisle."

I let out a long breath before replying, "Will do." I pause. "Um, Dad, do you mind if I head out at my dinner break? A group of us are meeting at the lake."

"Sure, William." He eyes me knowingly. "Let me guess; your group includes the new girl."

My mouth twitched. "I sure hope so," I sigh.

I love that the lake is within walking distance from my house

I love that the lake is within walking distance from my house. When I get nearer to the group, I see Tessa. Great. The one person I'd like to avoid for the rest of this school year is here. Luckily her back is turned towards me, but Diana sees me and calls out my name.

"Hey, Nicole!"

Everybody turns and looks in my direction.

I wave. "Hi, everyone!"

Tessa's eyebrows furl, and her forehead wrinkled as she scowls upon seeing me. "Ugg! Diana, why do you insist on including HER in everything?"

Diana's eyes narrowed with irritation. "Because Tessa, she's new to the area, and I like her. Why don't you give her a chance?"

Tessa's anger is apparent when her face turns three shades of red.

"No way. If it weren't for her, I'd still be on the senior squad!"