Haley's dream

A/N: Since the farmer doesn't have a defined gender or name I'll just refer to them as the farmer.

I can't believe I've been married to the farmer for two years now! It feels like yesterday I was living with Emily and contemplating if I'll get out of that house.

I do love living on the farm, which is something I never thought I'd say, I just wish I had something else I could do. I sometimes try to help out but the farmer has it all handled.

One of my dreams since I was a little girl was to open a bakery. I just don't even know where to start with that. I've started baking cakes at home. I know the farmer secretly knows that I want to do something more.

Today is our wedding anniversary and I wanted to make something special. A recreation of the chocolate cake the farmer gave to me when we first met. I wanted to put a heart made of fondant on top.

I made everything look perfect, just as I wanted it to. I had set up a table and two chairs outside for us to eat it.

Suddenly I saw the farmer in the distance. I quickly brought the cake outside ready for us to eat.

"What's all this?" The farmer asked as they kissed me on the forehead.

"A cake for our anniversary, specifically the same cake you made for me the first day we met." I told them.

The farmer looked at the cake with big starry eyes. Then they hugged me right.

"I love you so much." They told me.

"Me too."  I told them smiling.

"Although you did forget one thing,"

"What's that?"

Right as I asked it started raining. I ran inside. The farmer grabbed the cake and came inside.

"Now it's ruined!" I said starting to tear up.

"It's not ruined, we'll just let it dry" they assured me.

I looked at them with teary eyes.

"I also got you a gift." They told me.

"Really! You didn't have to!" I told them.

They handed me an envelope. I opened it up. It was an invitation to Zuzu city's baking school. I read what it said.

Dear Haley,

      We have seen several of your beautiful baking creations, you are truly talented. We would like to ask if you would be willing to attend out baking program next year. It would give you many opportunities to possibly even open your own baking school. Please send us a letter back if your interested.

                              Sincerely, Zuzu's baking school.

"But I can't leave Stardew Valley!" I blurted out.

"It'll just be a year then you'll be able to even possibly open up a baking store here!" The farmer assured me.

"I don't know if I could leave for that long!" I said, concerned.

"This is a great opportunity for you, and it's what you've always wanted to do!" The farmer exclaimed.

"I'll think about it." I responded.