Chapter 43

Ace POV.

I woke up and saw the person who I expected to be lying next to me wasn't there. I wonder why she went. Yesterday was just fantastic. I have never enjoyed sex the way I enjoyed yesterday. Honestly, I thought that when I fuck her, I will get her out of my system but I can see that I was so wrong about it. Instead, I want her even more. It's like I am addicted to her.

I didn't realise that I was in my thoughts till I heard the voice of a door being opened and I shifted my gaze to that direction. There was the woman who had managed to occupy my thoughts throughout. She was so beautiful in her outfit even if it was so simple, grey sweatpants and a white pull neck. She was looking at me and she wanted to figure me out. Not that I minded actually.

"Morning Love," I said happily and she rolled her eyes.

"It was a mistake," she said instead of answering my morning greetings.

Wait! What did she just say?

"What do you mean it was a mistake?" I asked, trying to figure her out by reading her expression but she had already turned it off. I really felt useless.

"You had me. It was a mistake. What happened yesterday wasn't supposed to happen," she said.

What! How can she say that? It was my best night. Really enjoyed it. No! It was not a mistake!! I refuse.

"No. It wasn't," I said angrily.

"That is to you not to me. To me it was a mistake. I was driven by sleep," se said with the same tone. "Now leave my room."

Does she think that I will listen to her? This is my house and I will do whatever I want! I won't leave here till she admits that she enjoyed it and that it wasn't a mistake.

"As far as I know, this is my house," I said, trying my best to be calm.

"Fine. If it is your house and you won't do what the guest is asking you to do then the guest will just leave. I will send someone to come take my belongings," she said and I was shocked.

"You can't do that," I said and she rolled her eyes.

"Yes, I can," she said. "You aren't my boss as far as I know," she said.

What have I done? I really can't let her go. I need her, no I want her. She is mine!! My mafia really needs her help now more than ever.

"Listen, I am sorry. Come on, don't leave, I will get out of your room," I said worriedly. I know it is bad to show emotions. It shows that one is weak and mafia leaders aren't supposed to be weak but I refuse to pretend that I am strong, that I don't care whether she leaves or not when the truth is that it is breaking me.

"It is already too late. The damage is already done," she said as she took some stuff on her nightstand. I used this change to get out of bed and wear my clothes. By the time she was getting out of the room, I was already fully clothed and I followed her downstairs.

Upon arrival, my family was there looking at us. I am sure they heard the commotion.

"Maria, I am going back to my apartment but since I know that they will question you till you tell them where I am, we won't be there. Ivy and I will buy another house. Even if you and Lilly won't be working for us, I will continue sending you your salary," she said.

"What do you mean by leaving?" Dad asked.

"And by buying another house?" Mom asked.

"Why should we torture Maria?" Mark asked.

"Can you call shut up for once?" She asked them angrily, making them flinch.

"Yes, I am leaving this house for good. I can't live where people don't respect my privacy," she said while looking at me and I felt guilty.

"Come on, let us talk like grown ups. No need to go, Love," hIsaid.

"I am not your Love?" She snapped.

"Fine, Adrianna," I said calmly.

"Nothing that you will say will make me change my mind," she said.

"Not even me?" A small voice said.

We all turned our gaze to Ivan. I know that they are very close. I just hope that she will agree to stay because of him. She walked to where he was and she whispered something to him. No one could hear what she said. They talked then afterwards hugged. Ivan was a crying mess and that was our clue that he didn't manage to convince her.

"It is all your fault that she is leaving uncle Ace. I hate you," he yelled before running upstairs.

I know it is my fault buddy!

But hearing him saying that, it pained me. He has lost her because of my selfishness.

"What happened between you two?" Mom asked.

"None of your business," she said coldly and we were all shocked. She has never used that tone on either mom and dad no matter how angry she was.

I know I hate myself!

"If you are leaving then I am coming with you," Maria said as she stepped towards the door.

"No, I want to be alone with my sister. And I want you to be here in case anything happens, call me. Look after Ivan, I don't care about the others," she said.

So she still wants to look after him? She is really special and kind. I can believe that I am losing her.

"If you dare touch a single strand on her then I will kill all of you, don't dare lay a hand on her. You all know what I am capable of," she said.

We all knew what she was capable of so no one would try to go against her.

"Come on Adrianna, you don't need to leave," I said as she walked towards the door hoping that she would at least give us a chance to talk.

"Ooh. I need to. Just know that not everyone follows your stupid instructions," she said as she opened the door.

It pained me. I felt like crying but I couldn't.

"What the hell did you do bro?" Mark asked angrily.

"Why did you have to mess up the moment we needed her more than ever?" Dad asked.

"I know I made a mistake, no need to make me feel worse than I am," I said before walking away. I went to my office.

After two hours, I decided to get my shit back together since I had been drinking nonstop.

"Who are they?" I heard mom ask when I got to the living room. I looked around and saw some men carrying Adriana's stuff out of the house.

I guess she was serious then.

"What do you think you are doing?" I asked them angrily.

"I am sorry but the boss said that we were ordered by the boss to come and get the luggages," one of them said.

"Who is your boss?" Dad asked.

"Ma'am Adrianna and Ivy, sir," another said.

Boss?
Who are those girls?

1222words.
19/07/2023.