my parents divorcing has ruined all of the things i wanted to say to him tonight, i so badly wanted to tell him that i couldn't even fucking breathe without him. i guess i have to leave the words for another day.

he got up before lending me his hand, i took it gladly. "do you wanna walk or go back to our room?" he asked, making me confused.

"what about your important—" he interrupted me, "nothing is more important than you." he said with a small smile.

we walked around, finding a small bench by a beach. almost nobody was there, it was already dark outside.

he took a snickers bar out of his pocket, handing it to me. "where did that come from?" i asked, chuckling.

"i bought it in the lobby before trying to find you. it didn't feel like the right time to give you it while you were sobbing in my arms." he answered, chuckling back.

i took it, breaking it in half before handing the other half to him. "i don't like chocolate." he spoke, my eyes widened.

"you better start liking it! our wedding cake is going to be chocolate." i noticed his face drop at my words. "what!? no. you might as well add some oreo ice cream for the guests."

"don't give me ideas!" he groaned, covering his face. "just give it to me." he snatched the bar away from me, taking a bite from it.

i chuckled before looking at the view in front of us and taking a bite of my own chocolate.

i put my head on his shoulder, falling asleep in his arms.

"joão?" i asked, hearing someone cry next to me. it was in the middle of the night and the room was really dark.

i turned around, turning on the light before noticing joão, he was wiping his tears and clearing his throat.

"what's going on?" i asked, concerned. i took his hand in mine, quickly getting up from bed to sit down.

"i'm scared, adelina. what if i disappoint everyone?" he asked, embarrassed to look at me. "you won't disappoint anyone, joão." i said with a small smile.

"i feel terrible, you're taking care of me when i should be taking care of you right now." he said, rolling his eyes. "no, we take care of each other. come on, joão. you know everyone is proud of you no matter what. nobody is gonna hate you or feel disappointed if you lose, it's all going to be okay." i said, caressing his face.

"do you believe me?" i asked, he stared at me, unable to speak. "you're a very talented player, joão. you have to believe in yourself."

"smile, husband." his smile grew at my words.

i lied back down on the bed, as he did the same. we looked at each other with a smile before falling asleep, holding hands.

i woke up earlier than joão the next day. it was eight in the morning and he had practice in a couple of hours. i didn't wake him up, he needed the rest.

i smiled, looking at him before getting out of bed and changing into an outfit. i knew there was a gym downstairs so i decided to go check it out.

i wore shorts and a sports bra before putting my hair up into a ponytail, taking my water bottle and phone and leaving.

it was actually pretty crowded at this time, the lobby and kitchen side but the gym wasn't as crowded.

my eyes caught georgina, she was running on the treadmill. i smiled before walking over to her, her face brightened when she noticed me.