11. stupid

ADELINA'S POV
i woke up to joão slightly shoving me. i turned my head to look at him and groaned. "what?" i whined.

he was looking at something, causing me to look in his direction. my eyes widened, quickly getting up when i met eyes with clara and andre.

"look at the secret couple." andre said, raising his eyebrows as he leaned over to clara. she raised her eyebrows at me causing me to look away.

i looked over at joão who looked like he wanted to run away.

clara took my hand in hers and took me out of the room, she started smiling n jumping around in excitement. "OH MY GOD! WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN?" she asked.

"huh? i mean— two days ago but he hasn't asked me to be his girlfriend. and, we weren't doing anything on his bed.. just sleeping" i made sure i made that clear.

"damn, who knew joão was such a pussy. maybe you should ask him to be your boyfriend!" she suggested, my eyes widened as i shook my head.

"i'm not as bold as you, clara." i chuckled. she rolled her eyes annoyingly and walked away. i followed behind as she began to speak again.

"oh my god! we should go to a club tonight. let's go out and eat and like i don't know do some boring things then go to the club! i need to buy you the sexiest dress there is. it's a girls' day!!!" she said, excitedly.

she walked back over to joão's room, me behind her. i made eye contact with joão causing me to blush and smile. he winked at me causing me to look away. "hey! stop flirting with my adelina. we are having a girls day today! see you, losers." she said before walking away only to come back a few seconds later.

"oh but we'll be back so we can go to a club tonight! ok, bye now!" she walked over to andre and kissed him causing me to judge.

"don't you want to kiss your future boyfriend?" she whispered to me as she walked back next to me. i hit her with my elbow causing her to groan in pain.

clara and i got ready before going out, we decided to buy some donuts and eat them for breakfast as we walked around.

i was feeling a bit sad since we had to go back already tomorrow. also sad about the fact clara, joão and andre are leaving for qatar soon. i didn't know whether i will be able to go. i obviously wanted to but i was still waiting on joão to ask me or even talk to me about it.

"what you thinking about, bestie?" clara asked. "qatar. i don't know if joão wants me to go with him or not. it would be too much, right? i mean, meeting his team members and his family. when we aren't even official."

JOÃO'S POV
"what you thinking about?" andre asked causing me to flashback into reality. "world cup. i was thinking, do you think i should ask adelina to come with me or is it too soon? i only confessed to her like two days ago. what if she gets weirded out and leaves me?" i asked, concerned

ADELINA'S POV
"well, you overthink." clara joked before speaking again, seriously. "just wait on him, i know he for sure wants to ask you. he's probably waiting for the right time."

i nodded at her words before smiling. i felt lucky to have him in my life, i will be fine if he doesn't ask.. right?

JOÃO'S POV
andre chuckled as he sat next to me. "you're really stupid when it comes to girls, huh?"

i looked at him, confused. "she obviously wants you to ask! it's better to ask than look like an asshole. her best friend and her almost-boyfriend are going to qatar. do you think she wants to stay at home and watch the games through her tv while we are all having fun and going to parties? ask her whenever you can. i bet she's waiting!" andre said before taking a bite of his food.