5. flowers

ADELINA'S POV
i woke up at five in the morning because i was so nervous for today. i'm one of those people that wake up like three hours before i have to actually get up.

i was the same way during my school years, i would wake up at four in the morning when school doesn't start until seven. it helped me actually wake up and have a good little nap beforehand.

tonight is gonna be my first runway show without my parents' support. they usually text me encouragements or call me before i go on stage but i don't think that will happen considering our last conversation didn't go well.

i decided to go for a jog so i could feel a little better about today. it was almost november which i was very excited about. it was the best weather during that time! but i still loved fall and was a bit sad that it was leaving already.

i wore a pair of dark blue elastic waist pants with a white crop top and a jacket. i didn't take my water bottle with me, i decided to order a drink from the coffee place near me.

i locked my door, turned on open arms by sza, travis scott then started my jog.

it was quiet outside, barely anyone out yet. it starts to get pretty busy around eight so it was nice to have a free place.

i walked around, remembering the day before. i have no idea what has happened to joão. i feel bad for him because of what that girl did but, it was a bit weird how he wasn't joking. he seemed pretty serious and i was nervous? i stopped thinking about him, thinking about the encounter i had with that guy, pedri.

he was pretty cute, i would be lying if i said he didn't get my attention too. he seemed to know what he was doing. i was so in my mind i didn't notice someone in front of me, completely bumping into them.

i tripped over them and ended up falling. i groaned in pain, scared to look at who i have bumped into. i opened my eyes to see a tired joão. i stood up quickly, trying to apologize without laughing.

"oh my god— i'm so sorry, joão!" i covered my mouth, taking off my headphones. i lent my hand which he took gladly before dragging me onto the floor next to him.

"WHAT THE HELL?" i groaned as i hit him repeatedly. what is wrong with this dude? "do you need glasses or do you just like bumping into me?" he asked with a stupid smirk on his face.

our faces were inches apart when he turned his head to look at me. it didn't seem to bother him. i felt my heart racing and thought it was going to explode. what is wrong with me? i slapped him out of panic before getting up and clearing my throat. i heard him groan again before getting up.

"why are you here?" i asked, defensive. "i was gonna talk to you, i need my jersey back." i looked at him in disbelief, is this bitch for real?

i should've burnt it.

"why did you give it to me in the first place?" he looked at me, confused by my question. "what, lopes? do you like being a football fangirl? do you want me to propose to you or something? just give it to me."

he was being weird again. he was going to literally commit arson yesterday if i didn't wear his jersey but he suddenly wants it back.

"okay, damn." i widened my eyes by his attitude before telling him to follow me. we walked over to my house. also, why was he walking? bro has a mansion but can't afford to drive to my house.

i just realized he has probably never seen the inside of my house. i forgot if it was clean or not, let's just hope. i took a peak at the living room as i opened the door and was relieved. thank god.

he followed behind me over to my room. i walked over to my closet as he looked around the room. i quickly put my baby pictures in my drawers while he wasn't looking. why do i still have them?