36...Overshadowed

Start from the beginning

Jenifer leaned forward and pressed her lips to his, but he didn't kiss back and that was his giveaway, he wasn't going to kiss her with Yelena in the next room or at all anymore. In reality, when they were at the school earlier in the day, Derek had attempted to end things with her gently but she'd clearly convinced herself that he wasn't letting her down gently but was mad at her.

Jennifer pulled back and clenched her jaw, "They're already here aren't they?" Derek looked over her shoulder as they walked out, "So... they told you it was me? That I'm the one taking people?"

"We told him you're the one killing people." Scott corrected.

Jennifer let out a laugh, "Oh, that's right. Committing human sacrifices? What, cutting their throats? Yeah, I probably do it on my lunch hour. That way, I can get back to teaching high school English the rest of the day. That makes perfect sense."

"Where's my dad?" Stiles asked tearfully.

Jennifer scoffed lightly, "How should I know? Derek, tell me you don't believe this."

Derek looked over at Yelena and Sties "Do you know what happened to the sheriff?"

"No." She replied shaking her head with a sad voice.

"Ask her why she almost killed Lydia." Scott spat

Jennifer turned to face them, "Lydia Martin? I don't know anything about that."

"What do you know?" Derek snapped becoming impatient

Jennifer looked at him, "I know that these boys, for whatever misguided reason are filling your head with an absurd story probably from Yelena."

Yelena took a step forward and raised her eyebrows, "Excuse me?"

Jenifer pointed at her as she spoke to Derek, "This girl is clearly mentally disturbed and jealous of us."

Yelena let out a humorless laugh and went to lunge forward but Scott held her back, "Bitch if somebody's mentally disturbed around here it's gonna be you, you know the one killing people?!"

Jenifer scoffed, "Oh yeah a story that none of you can prove, by the way."

Scott let go of a now composed Yelena and held out a glass bottle of powder "What if we can?"

Jennifer eyes the bottle nervously "What is that?"

Scott took a step forward and took the lid off, "My boss told me it's a poison and a cure... which means you can use it... and it can be used against you."

"Mistletoe?" She hissed

Scott threw the powder in Jennifer's direction and they all stood back and watched in horror as she screamed and a burnt and shredded face took the place of her for a few seconds before she turned back to normal, she gathered her breath before looking at all of them and quickly attempting to run but Derek grabbed her by the throat

"Derek, wait, wait! You need me." She pleaded

Derek furrowed his eyebrows in anger and just stared at her, "What are you?"

"The only person who can save your sister" she managed to say under his grip, "Call Peter. Call him!"

Derek took out his phone with his free hand and called his uncle, they weren't sure what was being said on Peter's end, but judging from Derek's reaction it wasn't good. He put down the phone and began squeezing tighter against Jennifer's throat.

Scott's eyes widened, "Derek. Derek, what are you doing?"

"Her life... it's in my hands!"

"Stop. Derek, stop!" Stiles pleaded moving forward once Derek lifted her from the ground

"Stilinski, you'll never find him." Jenifer gasped out knowing this was the only way to save herself

"Derek!" Yelena yelled, "Derek that's my dad please stop!" She yelled coming closer.

it was the tears in her eyes at the prospect of losing her dad that managed to stop him as he sucked in a deep breath of air before dropping Jenifer to the ground. Yelena moved forward to push Derek back a few steps from Jenifer as she panted on the floor to gain back some breath. She kept her hand on his chest and her eyes on his as she felt his chest heave up and down in anger, Yelena knew how much he was restraining himself as he kept his jaw and fists clenched.

Jennifer pushed herself up with a smug smirk, "That's right. You need me. All of you."

()()()()()()

The five of them stood in the elevator to get to the floor where Cora was being treated. It was clear to the boys that it was taking everything in Yelena to not slam Jennifer's head against the door repeatedly. Clear to Scott and Derek because their wolf senses could pick up on the aggression coming from her and clear to Stiles because he knew his sister better than anyone. Which was why Yelena opted to stay further away from her.

"You don't have to keep me on a leash, Derek. I'm going to help." Jenifer said as Derek kept a vice-like grip on her to stop her from scraping but when she received no response she looked around at the other three and rolled her eyes and shook her head as if they were boring her.

They stepped out of the elevator to the direction of Cora's room but stopped at the sight of vomited mistletoe on the floor and no sight of her or Peter.

"Derek," Scott whispered as they heard a banging in front of them.

Derek's eyes followed the drops of black vomit until they landed on a hospital room with a double door that had loud banging against it. They all frowned but quickly jumped back when Peter came flying out of there.

"We got a problem. Big problem." He panted from the ground.

Derek and Scott charged straight at the alpha twins whilst Yelena bent down and helped Peter up.

"Help me," Stiles told him as the two of them ran past the fighting werewolves to get to Cora leaving Yelena with Jenifer.

"Ethan, Aiden, stop! You don't know what you're doing." Scott grunted as they pinned him against the wall.

"All we want is her." They growled back

"Yelena!" Stiles yelled as he saw Jenifer slowly backing away down the corridor

Yelena's eyes widened as she chased after her "No!" She yelled slamming against the elevator door as it closed

"Len forget it!" Scott called out to her as she kept pressing the elevator button.

Yelena let out one more yell before running back to the others as they ran through the corridors to get Cora to the ambulance.

"Don't stop, don't stop!" Derek yelled to the group as Peter led the way with Cora thrown over his shoulder

"Stiles!" Yelena yelled when he stopped in the middle of the room

Derek held her back as Stiles braced himself for the twins to storm in, he managed to smack them behind the head with his baseball bat but it only broke off in his hands. Stiles's eyes widened as the twins turned to look at him, he ran over to the others with Derek giving Scott a boost to pull down the light fixture onto their heads and give them time to escape....again.

A/n - oh my god I'm so sorry!! I thought I posted this two weeks ago but turns out it was still in my drafts🤦🏻‍♀️I've got another chapter that I'll post tonight as well