18...Shifting of the moon

The silence in the jeep with her brother and Derek was deafening, saying it was slightly awkward would be an understatement. Stiles was choosing to believe that nothing was really going on with her and Derek, and Derek himself just kept his usual wall up around himself, whereas Yelena just twiddled her thumbs in the backseat.

Stiles was the one to break the silence as they pulled up outside the station "Okay, now the keys to every cell are in a password-protected lockbox in my father's office." Stiles explained to Derek "The problem is getting past the front desk."

All the deputies knew not to trust Stiles anywhere near his office, and equally, all the deputies knew that there was nothing of interest for Yelena at the station, not without her father's say-so anyway.

"I'll distract her," Derek told him as he went to get out of the car.

Stiles's eyes widened with panic, grabbing Derek's arm to stop him "Whoa, whoa, whoa - you? You're not going in there" Derek's eyes went straight to the hand that was on his arm, glaring at Stiles with a clear warning, "I'm taking my hand off." Stiles told him nervously, shooting Yelena a quick look that said don't let him kill me.

Much like the night they tracked down Peter at the hospital, Yelena found herself watching their interaction as if it were a tennis match.

"I was exonerated." Derek pointed out.

"You're still a person of interest," Stiles exclaimed, waving his hands around in his usual hyperactive manner.

"An innocent person." Derek retorted.

Stiles let out a snort at Derek's words "An - innocent - you? Yeah, right!" Yelena pressed her lips together to stop her laughter, she had to look away from them both out of fear that they'd ask for her input on the matter, "Okay, fine. What's your plan?" Stiles sighed.

Derek raised his eyebrows at him "To distract her." He said as if Stiles was stupid.

Stiles nodded in disbelief "Uh - huh. How? By punching her in the face? Unh." Stiles acted out punching someone, sound effects included.

"Ha!" Derek replied dryly "by talking to her."

Stiles and Derek both eyed each other strangely before Stiles crossed his arms and exhaled deeply.

"Okay, all right. Give me a sample. What are you gonna open with?"
Derek rolled his eyes and sent Stiles an exasperated look "Dead silence. That should work beautifully."

Yelena poked her head between their two seats "Actually, I have to say, there is something quite attractive about just doing that." She commented nodding to Derek who smirked at Yelena.

Stiles pulled a face and pretended his sister hadn't said anything "Your opinion doesn't count. Any other ideas?"

Derek sighed and looked at Yelena before turning to her brother "I'm thinking about punching you in the face."

Yelena rolled her eyes "Alright enough" she told them as she climbed into the front seat and landed onto Derek's lap as she reached to open the door "Whilst you two are discussing dereks attractiveness there is a teenage werewolf in there on his first full moon, so let's go." She told them, getting out of the car.

Derek entered first going straight to the front desk and flashing a smile at the woman. It amused Yelena that Stiles couldn't accept that Derek was attractive, and knew it. Stiles rolled his eyes when he realized that Derek had managed to charm the woman, his sister pushed him ahead as they tiptoed through when she paused and tiptoed back after hearing Derek say

"I was gonna say "so incredibly beautiful" but, yeah, I guess that'd be the same thing."

Yelena's mouth dropped open as Stiles sent her an annoyed look and pulled her away. She kept watch as Stiles went through the lockbox.

Dynastyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें