Exposed Minds

"Koishi, who is this?"

"Sister, I want you to meet Shun!"

"Hello..."

In the end, I ended up following Koishi because I'm curious about what the underground looks like.

"How were you able to sense my little sister?"

"Hm? How...? I just sensed her."

She stares at me intently. "You seem to be telling the truth. Very well... My name is Satori Komeiji. I am the ruler of the underground."

Ruler?!

"Hmm?~ You seem surprised... Yes, I am the ruler."

What?!

"So, Koishi, what is he doing here?"

"Sister! Do you know? Shun just called me 'Lady Koishi'!"

That was unintentional...

Satori was staring at me. "Hmm~" She then smirks. "Very well... Shun, do you want to work here?"

"Work? Do I... have to clean and serve?"

"That's right..."

But I'm already the butler of the Scarlet Devil Mansion... I have to refuse.

"I'm sorry, Lady Satori... I must refuse your offer." I bowed.

A few moments of silence passed, and I looked up at her. She seemed to be intrigued by my response. "So, you serve as the butler of that vampire... I see~"

....Huh?!

"Lady Satori... This is just a question but... Are you reading my mind?"

"Fufu~ I wonder~"

"...Eh!?"

Now, I seriously have to refuse this!

"Fantasies? What fantasies?"

Ack!?

Satori chuckled softly. "No need to be embarrassed, Shun. I can see through the thoughts and emotions of others, you know."

So she HAS the power to read minds!

Satori's smirk widened. "Oh, no need to worry, Shun. Your thoughts are your own, and I don't judge based on them. It's all a part of being human, after all."

Koishi giggled. "Yeah, yeah! Shun, you don't have to be so serious about it! Sister doesn't mind at all!"

Sorry, But I actually mind it!

"Anyway, How about I tour you around the underworld."

"Thank you, Lady Satori..."

"But really, I'm impressed that you were able to sense my little sister."

"It was nothing, really."

"Now then, shall we go?" Satori walks past me and turns to face me.

I nod, and the two of us start walking. However, our progress is quickly halted as a girl pushing a cart notices us. "Huh?! An intruder!" She immediately positions herself in front of us. "Stay away from Lady Satori!"

"Wait, I'm not an intruder!"

"Prove it. How do I know you're telling the truth?"

Satori steps forward, her presence exuding authority. "Rin, he is with us. I trust him."

Rin, still cautious, relaxes slightly. "If Lady Satori vouches for you, then I suppose I'll have to let it go," Rin observes me for a moment longer before stepping aside.

It's a cat girl...

Satori glanced at me, her head tilted in curiosity. "Is there something troubling you?"

"Oh, no, nothing at all!"

"Hmm, I almost forgot to introduce you to her." Satori gestured towards Rin. "This is Rin, one of my pets. Her job is to carry corpses to the former Hell of Blazing Fires to regulate its heat."

"Nice to meet you," Rin greeted me with a respectful bow before turning her attention to me. "May I know your name?"

"I'm Shun, a butler at the Scarlet Devil Mansion."

"Oh, I heard that name before..."

"Anyway, Rin... How about you leave me and Shun alone?"

"Eh?! But Lady Satori..."

"It's fine."

Rin glanced at both Satori and me, then let out a sigh. "If you insist."

"Um, I'm fine with Rin. Well, as long as she won't attack me..."

Satori looked at me and nodded. "Okay. Rin, please escort us."

"Understood, Lady Satori!" Rin replied with a smile.

Uwahh... This is actually my first time seeing a cat girl in Gensokyo! Well, I don't know if Chen counted as a cat, but...

I glanced at Rin from toe to head, admiring her perfect form.

"Um, Shun?" Satori's voice interrupted my thoughts. "Why are you admiring Rin's body?"

I slowly looked at Satori, while Rin discreetly adjusted her clothing.

"Ah, I'm busted."