My Answer

As I slowly opened my eyes, I found myself in a room. Memories of the events from my last day in Hakugyokurou came rushing back to me. I remembered the intense battle with Youmu and the unexpected kiss we shared.

I looked beside me and noticed Youmu sitting there, her gaze fixed on me.

It seemed she had been keeping watch over me while I slept.

"Youmu," I called softly, trying not to startle her. "Have you been here this whole time?"

She nodded, a gentle smile playing on her lips. "Yes, I didn't want to leave your side. I wanted to make sure you were alright."

"Thank you, Youmu, Though you didn't have to stay, but I appreciate it."

We both remained silent for a moment before I gathered the strength to stand up. As I did, Youmu called out to me, her voice filled with warmth and hope.

"Shun."

I turned to her, meeting her gaze. She offered me a gentle smile, and I felt my cheeks flush with a mixture of embarrassment and anticipation.

"I'll be waiting for that answer."

I looked down at the floor, my heart pounding in my chest. "Yes, I... I'll find my answer, Youmu."

Her smile widened, and a soft glow seemed to radiate from within her. She walked up to me, her steps light and graceful.

"Take your time," she whispered, her voice carrying a comforting warmth. "Hehe." With those words, she turned and made her way out of the room.

"I should say goodbye to Lady Yuyuko, but first I should pack my belongings."

After packing my belongings, I walked towards the living room, expecting to find her there.

However, upon entering, I noticed that she was nowhere to be seen. "Maybe she's enjoying the cherry blossoms outside?"

I made my way out into the garden, guided by the gentle breeze and the ethereal beauty of the blooming cherry blossom trees. As I strolled among the delicate petals, their soft fragrance embraced me.

And there, nestled beneath the graceful branches, was Lady Yuyuko, immersed in the serene embrace of nature.

Her presence seemed to harmonize with the delicate blooms as if she were an embodiment of the ephemeral beauty that surrounded us.

I approached her with quiet footsteps, not wanting to disturb the peaceful ambiance. She turned her gaze towards me, her eyes twinkling with a hint of mischief.

"Ah, Shun, I see you've come to bid me farewell."

"Yes."

Her smile grew warm and comforting. "You don't need to thank me, Shun. It has been a pleasure having you here. Your presence has brought joy to this place. Especially Youmu."

I approached Lady Yuyuko with quiet footsteps, not wanting to disturb the peaceful ambiance that surrounded us. She turned her gaze towards me, her eyes twinkling with a hint of mischief.

"Ah, Shun, I see you've come to bid me farewell."

"Yes."

Her smile grew warm and comforting, a gentle breeze lifting the strands of her hair. "You don't need to thank me, Shun. It has been a pleasure having you here. Your presence has brought joy to this place, especially for Youmu."

"...So what are you looking at?"

Yuyuko giggled softly before turning towards the tree. "There," she said, pointing directly at it.

I followed her gaze and observed the massive tree, its branches stretching out with an air of majesty.

However, something seemed amiss. "That's one massive tree... but why isn't it blooming?"

Yuyuko's laughter continued, her eyes twinkling with amusement. "Fufu~ That tree is called 'Saigyou Ayakashi.' It is a very special cherry blossom tree that never fully blooms. It remains without leaves, as you can see."

"Never blooms? Why is that?"

Yuyuko stayed silent for a moment, her gaze fixed on the tree.

"A long time ago, there lived a divinely talented poet who traveled around Gensokyo. When the poet became aware that the hour of his death drew near, he chose to begin his eternal rest under the most beautiful cherry tree he could find.

After the poet's death, word of the beauty of the cherry tree began to spread across the land. That cherry tree has grown even more beautiful since then, charming many people into choosing to rest in peace beneath its blossoms."

She paused, her voice filled with a touch of sadness. "However, over time, the cherry tree's beauty became a magnet for tragedy. It absorbed the blood of countless people, transforming into a youkai cherry tree with the ability to lure others to their demise.

It came to be known as the Saigyou Ayakashi. Eventually, to prevent further calamity, the beautiful blossoms of the Saigyou Ayakashi were sealed away."

"Then... who sealed it?"

Yuyuko giggled mischievously, her eyes sparkling with playfulness. She leaned closer and winked at me.

"I wonder who~"

We stood in comfortable silence, our gazes fixed on the enigmatic tree. Yuyuko broke the stillness, her voice carrying a gentle plea.

"Shun, take care of Youmu, okay?"

"Eh?"

She giggled softly, her laughter echoing in the tranquil air. It was as if she knew something I didn't.

"I haven't answered her yet, But rest assured, when the time comes, I'll answer her."

Yuyuko nodded, She wrapped her arms around me, pulling me into a warm embrace. Her hand gently patted my head, and she spoke affectionately.

"Good boy."

"Thank you, Lady Yuyuko." I bowed respectfully to her before turning to leave. However, a sudden realization struck me, causing my face to flush with embarrassment. I turned back to Yuyuko, wearing a sheepish expression.

"Ah, I just forgot... How do I get down?"

Yuyuko looked at me, her eyes twinkling mischievously, and then burst into laughter.