Feelings (Youmu's Point of View)

This is Shun's second day of sword training. Currently, we are engaged in a sparring session, clashing our swords together. As we exchange blows, the sound of clashing swords fills the air.

"Ha!" The two of us exchange another clash with our swords, our eyes locked in a fierce gaze. Stepping back momentarily, we quickly dash forward again, our swords meeting with a resounding clash.

The sound of our blades reverberates through the air, accompanied by the rhythmic sound of our breathing.

I swiftly stepped back and swung my sword through the air, generating bullets that soared toward Shun.

However, to my surprise, Shun displayed incredible focus and skill as he sliced one of the bullets in half and adeptly evaded others while charging toward me.

This is his second day yet his already improving. I envy him.

I assume a stance, positioning one foot forward and the other foot slightly behind, creating a stable and balanced posture.

As the right moment arrives, Shun prepares to swing his sword. Seizing the opportunity, I swiftly dash in front of him, delivering a precise cut, and quickly reappearing behind him.

"Ah..." Shun falls to the ground.

I turn to Shun, concerned. "Don't worry, it's just a graze."

"Even though it's just a graze, it hurts like hell..."

I can't help but chuckle. "Pfft~ Ahahaha... It's fine."

"It's not fine?!" Shun sighs and gets up from the ground. "I'll go take a breather." He walks away.

I watch him with a hint of worry in my eyes.

"Did I... go too far?" I wonder to myself.

I walked back to the mansion and entered the living area where Lady Yuyuko was enjoying her meal.

"Good afternoon, Lady Yuyuko."

She looked up from her food and smiled. "Good afternoon, Youmu. How was Shun today?"

I paused for a moment to gather my thoughts. "He's showing slight improvement on his second day of training. Despite having just started swinging the sword yesterday, his agility and reflexes never fail to surprise me."

Yuyuko chuckled softly. "Oh, is that so? It seems like he has a natural talent for swordsmanship. How intriguing."

"Yes, it appears that way. He is dedicated and shows great focus during our training sessions."

Yuyuko nodded, her gaze thoughtful. "Well, it seems like you're enjoying teaching him."

"Eh? I do enjoy teaching him."

"Fufufu~ You know, you should see your face in the mirror."

"Why?"

"Fufufu~ You'll see."

"A-Alright." I immediately walked to my room and grabbed the small handheld mirror from the drawer. I looked at myself in the mirror, contemplating why I was being told to do so.

"Why did Lady Yuyuko want me to look in the mirror?" Suddenly, a faint image of Shun appeared in my mind.

As I looked down and then back at the mirror, I noticed a slight redness on my cheeks. "Eh? Wha-Eh?!" I exclaimed, taken aback by the unexpected blush that had crept onto my face.

"Th-This is my face?" I quickly shook my head, unable to believe what I saw in the handheld mirror. "That's not possible... I should go outside... Maybe it's because of the heat inside."

I hurriedly put the handheld mirror back in the drawer and walked out of my room, making my way outside.

However, as I stepped out, I heard the faint sound of a sword being swung and someone counting numbers.

"102! 103! 104!"

Curiosity piqued, I followed the sound and soon found Shun. He was swinging his sword with determination...

As I watched him wield his sword, a slight ache throbbed in my chest. Heat flushed to my face. Thoughts of him consumed my mind with every swing, every movement.

Ah, what is this unfamiliar sensation stirring within me?

"Hm?" Shun glanced in my direction, and I found myself frozen in place.

He noticed me!? What do I do now?

Suddenly, the ghosts that surrounded Shun caught my attention. They swirled around him, but to my surprise, Shun remained calm. He smiled at the ghosts and gently reached out to touch them.

"Oh... It's just the ghosts... I thought he had noticed me..." I sighed in relief, my heart still racing from the momentary panic.

"Sensei, what are you doing here? Hiding?" Shun's voice called out to me, catching me off guard.

"Eek!" I squeaked, startled by his sudden appearance. "Shun! How did you know I was here?!"

"Hm? The ghosts whispered to me."

"The ghosts?!"

He nodded.

I fell silent for a moment, my mind racing with thoughts, before deciding to make a hasty retreat. "Ah! Sensei! Wait!"

As I ran, Shun swiftly reached out and grabbed my arm. I looked at him, feeling flustered.

"What's wrong? Why are you running away?" he asked, his face filled with concern. I could feel his firm grip on my arms, which only made my face flush even more.

"Sensei... Your face is red, are you sick?" he inquired, his hand gently touching my forehead.

"I-I'm fine... Please leave me alone for a bit," I stuttered, gently removing his hand from my arm. Without waiting for his response, I turned and ran, my heart pounding in my chest.

The flush on my face grew deeper, and I couldn't comprehend the overwhelming emotions surging within me.