Do anything for you~Drew

I met Drew in high school and instantly we became close friends, and started dating in college.

When Drew booked a show that would require moving away I was so happy for him, yet so so sad.

I supported him, telling him to follow his dreams.

We face-timed every night, he introduced me to all his friends and texted all day long.

He was currently filming season one and I was so proud of him but couldn't help but think I was holding him back.

He deserved to be with someone as talented as him, someone who could make him happy.

Quite honestly I didn't think I could do long distance anymore , it was so draining to not be able to just hug him.

So, I did the thing I hoped I would never have to do..

When he called at our scheduled FaceTime time, I answered, pasting a smile on to my face.

"Y/n!!" His smile lit up the screen. "Hi Drew." I smiled. "How are you baby." He said. "M'good. Did you film today?" I asked.

"Oh yeah all day. Rafe went psycho today.. I won't spoil anything I cant wait for you to watch it." He said. "I'm so proud of you, you're all over my tiktok." I grinned making him let out a laugh.

"Um.. Drew are you alone?" I asked. "Yeah, what's up?" He said.

"I wanna talk to you.. about something serious." I said. "I'm all ears." He said. When I didn't say anything he spoke again, "What's happin' sweetheart?" He said, laying his head down on a pillow.

I didn't know how to say it, so I just blurted it out.. "Drew I think we should break up." I said. "What?" He sat back up on his bed.

"Why? I-I are you seeing someone else?" He asked. "No-No I just.. I don't wanna hold you back Drew, your turning in to a fucking star and I-I want you to be happy." I said.

"Please don't do this Y/n. I'm happy being with you!" He said.

"But you're not with me Drew we are in two different places long distance is so damn bad I don't think I can do it anymore. Drew I wish you so much luck, and I'm so proud of you, and I'm so exited for your show to come out just know I'm ganna binge that shit." I said.

"Please stop-I'll take some time off and come be with you, or I-I will pay for a flight for you to come down here, i'll do anything for you." He said. "No Drew. I made up my mind.. I hope you become the star you always wished to be, because in my heart you already are." A tear fell down my cheek.

"Pleade do-" I hung up the phone.

I felt so bad but I knew I had to do that.

~~~

I spent the night crying. At 7am I took a hot shower before forcing some makeup on and going to work.

I ended up crying again on my drive home from work, once I got home immediately changing into comfy clothes and laying in my bed.

The same thing went on for days before I was on my third day when I got a call from Drews friend, Chase.

"Chase?" I said as I answered the phone. "Hi Y/n." He said. "Hi.." I spoke.

"So um.. you and Drew broke up.." He said. "Yeah.." It was awkward.

"I-I know you probably had your reasons for the breakup but.. my boy can't even get out of bed. I mean he tried to film and our director just made him go home to rest because his acting was so shit. I mean I don't think he has ate anything these past 3 days but today... today I-I thought I should warn you, he, he got his ass out of bed and to the airport.. he's on a flight to you right now." He said.

"Chase I'm so sorry. Thank you for calling me." I said. "No problem.. just hear my boy out, he's hurting without you." He said. "Thank you Chase." I said as we hung up.

Drew was that upset? I really thought this would be good for him, I thought he would be happier.

Hearing this from Chase just made me feel so fucking terrible.

Drew was on a flight now, I guess I should clean up a bit and shower before he gets here.

As I got up, there was a knock on my door.

I went to open it and Drew..

"Drew.." I said. "Um.. Hi Y/n." He said. "Hi." I said, trying not to cry, seeing him in real life felt so crazy.

He didn't say anything as he hugged me, I wrapped my arms around his neck, hugging him back.

"I'm so sorry." I said. "No I-I'm sorry I should of taken some time off to come see you!" He said. "No absolutely not! You don't get to blame yourself you are acting, Drew, you're filling a show for Netflix! I am so proud of you the last thing I want is you taking time off, I should've came to see you!" I said.

"Did you actually wanna breakup with me be-because if so I'm sorry.. i'll leave, but if it's just long distance, or your overthinking mind, please don't." He said. "It was long distance and just.. I guess overthinking." I said.

"Sweat heart, face timing you every night was the highlight of my day. God I missed you so much that when we were on set all I would do is look at pictures of you, ask fucking anyone you're all I talked about, how I missed you so much, and I wished you were with me." His words brought tears back in to my eyes. "Drew I'm so sorry I love you so much." I said. "I love you baby." I pulled his neck down, kissing him.

It was so electric. It felt so crazy after not touching him for so long I finally got to press my lips against his.

We pulled away breathlessly.

"I-I, have to go back in 2 days, for filming, Jonas said thats all I get since we're so close to being done, but you should come with me! You can finally meet all my friends, you'll have so much fun I promise!" He said.

"Drew I can't." I said. "Why not?" He sighed. "I-I have bills to pay, I can't afford that right now." I said. "I'll pay for the flights." He said. "No! Absolutely not I won't accept that." I said.

"Y/n, I'm your boyfriend and I'm paying for you to come see me not a fuckin' girls trip, I don't see the wrong." He said. "No, I will not let you do that, no way!" I said.

"Fine then lets leave now, and road trip. I mean it's a fun way to spend time together and catch up anyway." He shrugged. "You wanna road trip like 37 frikin' hours?" I said, with a laugh.

"Yes!" He said. "Mmm maybe." I said, making him smile. "I would walk there if it meant more time spent with you." He said. I kissed him again.

Smiling as I pulled away, I spoke. "What do you wanna eat I'll make you something. Chase said you haven't been eating much." I said. "Chase?" He said.

"He was worried about you. He called me and told me you haven't left bed or ate, and were coming, he called literally a minute before you knocked on the door." I said. "That little bitch, I love him." Drew said making me laugh.

I held his hand, dragged him to the kitchen, and smiling at being able to talk to him without glitches or time difference, and just being able to hold his hand like this again.