needed you~drew

a/n:
this includes "y/n" having a child. if you dont like that dont read this one :)

my 3 year old, kesler, never met his dad before. when i found out i was pregnant, i told drew but he didn't feel the same way i felt, as he didn't want to keep it.

obviously this disagreement lead to bigger problems so i told drew if he didn't want to be apart of the babys life, he didn't have to, and i left.

currently i was in charleston, my home town. i didn't know if drew was still here, but i hopped not because i was going to stay here for awhile.

currently i was on a walk, kesler held my hand as we walked to the park.

"momma how come- how come the bird is eating?" he asked. "well baby birds need to eat to, just like we need to eat." i say. "oh." he nods.

"speaking of, are you hungry? there a mcdonald's right over there." i say as i point to the food place.

"yes! i wan' a happy meal." he says. "alright lets go over there." i say.

we walked to the mcdonald's and orderd our food.

once we were done ordering, we stood to the side to wait for our number to be called.

a large group of people walked in, they looked around my age which scared me, fuck i hate people.

kesler was the opposite, he loved people.

"hi my name is kesler!" he said to one of the girls who was on her phone.

"hi kelser! my name is maddie." she smiles at the young boy. she was very beautiful, he long curly hair- god i wanted her hair.

"sorry." i slightly laugh. "no-no i love kids." she smiles, which i smile back at her.

"drew this kid looks just like you." maddie says. drew- oh god drew?!?

drew fucking starkey turned around and looked at us, and everyone else too.

"uh- i gotta go." i say as i grab keslers hand and start to walk away.

"b-but my happy meal!" he pouts. "ill buy you ice cream baby." i say as i walk out of the mcdonald's.

oh my god.

oh my god.

oh.
my.
god.

i took a deep breath as i stepped outside, kesler held on to my hand with confusion. "i want to eat my happy meal momma." he says. "im sorry, we can come back later." i say.

"why? you paid money." he says. "i-i know ill buy you another one." i say.

he sighs as we starts walking away.

drew runs after us. "y/n! wait!" he says. " 'dat man yell your name momma." says kesler.

"i know that love." i say as i turn around to face reality.

"hey uhm.. y/n" he says. "hi drew." i sigh.

"momma who is he?" kesler asks. "he-an old friend." i say.

"oh. hi my name kesler." he says. "hey kesler, cool to meet you." drew says as he bends down to keslers level, and shakes his hand.

i wanted to slap drew.

"uh could i talk to you, my friend can watch him for a sec they met didn't they?" he says.

"drew-" he cuts me off "please y/n." he begs.

"i-" i get cut off again by kesler "go talk to him momma! maybe you get a boyfrien'" he whispers the last part, but loud enough for drew to hear.

drew lets out a little laugh as my cheeks redden.

"okay okay we can talk. 5 minutes drew 5" i say.

he nods.

we walk back to the mcdonald's and kesler eats his happy meal at the table with drews friends, while me and drew step outside.

"so um.. hes mine right?" he asks. "mhm." i nod as i look to the floor.

"so his names kesler?" he asks. "yup. kesler, andrew y/l/n" i say. "you gave him my name?" he asks with a smile.

"i thought it would be nice." i nod. "i really missed you y/n" he says, i dont say anything.

"i feel so fucking bad for leaving you alone." he says. "i already love that kid." he says.

"drew-drew i-he doesn't have a father figure because of you, its been so hard to raise him all by myself but in all honesty hes all i have, and the only reason im still here." i say. "y/n.." he says. "im so sorry." he adds.

i wipe my teary eyes as i shake my head. "it-its okay." i say.

"could i- could i maybe spend some time with him?" he asks. "i dont know.." i say.

"if you dont trust me-" i interrupt him, "no i do trust you i dont trust that- i dont want him to get attached to you and then you bail." i say.

"no-no y/n that was so shitty of me. my biggest regret. i just wanna spend some time with my som. and hey- i-i wont tell him im his dad yet okay, you do that when you're comfortable." he says.

"i- i dont know. its not fair to just act like you were here for him when you weren't. you weren't here for him. you weren't here for me. you weren't here for anyone." i say. "i know y/n! i know i feel terrible- so-so fucking bad!" i say.

"wont this ruin your career- o-or embarrass you?" i say. "i don't care if I lose my job- i dont care if the whole word is against me i just want to see him, a-and you." he mumbles the last part.

"i-fine drew you can see him." i say. he smiles as he mouths a thank you.

"do you still have a truck?" i ask. "yeah, why?" he asks.

"maybe take him for a little ride in it, he loves trucks it would make him really happy." i say. he smiles with a laugh.

"im ganna spend so much time with that kid- i wanna know him like i know my truck." he says, making me laugh.

"thanks for not shutting me out y/n. i really appreciate it." he says. "mhm- its okay drew." i say with a smile.

a/n:

i started this ages ago