Journal~Rafe

Currently I was with my boyfriend Rafe, laying in his bed with him. I was sleeping over tonight and was getting hungry.

"Rafe do you still have those chips I was eating a couple days ago?" I asked. "Oh yeah. I saved 'em for you." He said making me smile.

"Stop I love you." I said making him laugh. "I love you to baby. The bag is in the first drawer in my nightstand." He said. "Okay." I nodded.

I opened the drawer and grabbed the bag of chips, noticing some kind of a book under it.

"Whats this?" I asked as I grabbed it.

Rafe was quick to snatch it out of my hands. "It's nothing." He said. "Nothing hm? Then why so defensive?" I said.

"It's not important-it's stupid actually." He spoke quickly. "Well if its so stupid, what is it?" I asked. "I-just.. swear to me you wont tell anyone." He said.

"I swear Rafe. I wouldn't tell anyone something your not comfortable anyway, I want you to trust me." I sighed. "I know, I know." He said.

"It-when I was little.. my mom got me in to writing my feelings down. She told me it would help with my anxiety. Now that she's gone I feel like.. I feel like when I do it I.. i'm connecting with her. It's so dumb, I don't even write about my feelings I just wrote about life." He said.

"Rafe that's not dumb at all! I think thats so good. I mean anything that makes you feel closer to her is amazing." I said. "Hm" He said.

"Do you write to her,or just write in general? Wait shit am I asking too much?" I said.

"You're never asking to much, love. I.. I don't really know to be honest. I guess i'm just writing but hoping she can some how see it." He let out a laugh. "I love that so much." I said.

"I'm so curious about this." I laughed. "I wrote about you yesterday." He grinned. "No way!" I smiled brightly. "Yes way." He said, playing with the hem of my hoodie.

"What did you write?" I asked. "Just how good you looked in that blue shirt, and how your hair looked extra pretty. How your smile always make me smile, and how.. well you always seem to save me in some way.. yesterday I was on the verge of having a breakdown because of my stupid fucking dad, but then you called me, asked if I wanted to get food, and hearing your voice just made me calm down" He shrugged.

I cuddled closer to his body, placing a kiss on to his cheek.

"I love that I can make you feel like that because.. as cringy as this sounds I feel the same with you." I said. "Im glad, my love." He said.

"Rafe if you ever feel like that please just call me. Y'know I won't ever judge you." I say. "I know, baby." He said.

"Not now of course, but maybe if when your comfortable enough one day, you could read me something?" I asked. "One day.. in a long, long, time, you can have the whole book." He said.

I kissed his cheek, smiling to myself. "Ill be waiting for that day." I said.

~~~

(Y/n's birthday the next year.)

I had just celebrated my birthday with my friends, it was now almost 2am, and everyone had left, except Rafe, who was in my room.

I was about to change for bed when he spoke. "I have one more gift for you.." He said. "What? Rafe, no! As grateful as I am you spent so much money on me, I simply cant except more." I said.

"No, no, no. I didn't spend any money on this." He said. "In that case, I'd love it." I smiled.

He handed me a little box. I opened it, and inside was his journal.