Chapter Twenty-Seven

Start from the beginning

I rolled my eyes, then took a look around my room. My bed was placed at the right corner, a desk and chair next to it and an almirah in the left corner, then the washroom door.

How much I missed it, the purple walls, my bed and the pink coloured sheets. Mom had being the one to decorate my room, fairy lights around the pictures of both of us was displayed on the wall.

So many memories of her. She was beautiful, loving and fun and had the most gorgeous smile ever. I'm glad I still have these pictures of her smiling. It helped me to forget her cold lifeless eyes boring into mine.

my finger gently grazed the pictures, like I could actually touch her. I walked over to my desk. Mom and I had worked on it together, countless home works and art works. I picked up the photo frame and sat on my bed. She was giving me a piggyback ride when we had the picture taken.

The Joy on her face made me yearn for her. I want to hear her voice, to see her smile and laugh. To be fed by her to have her call me Gudiya once again.

I miss that, I miss it all. I miss her. I want to be held in her arms once again to have her scold me, pull my ears. I want to tell her that I'm sorry and tell her about sadhil, for her to bless my marriage.

I held the frame close to my heart, as tears streamed down my cheeks and I sank down on my bed, breaking into sobs before sleep engulfed me.

                                *~*

"Anu. Gudiya." I heard and furrowed my brows. Wait... Mom.

I opened my eyes expecting to see mom but instead saw a masculine figure. Dad, sitting on my chair.

"Gudiya? Were you crying?" He asked while I sat up, but still held the photo frame.

"No" I lied.

"Anwita!" He said his voice stern.

I stayed quiet and looked everywhere else but him.

He took the photo frame and looked at it. I watched his actions and studied his face. It help pain and longing, I couldn't see him like that. I lost my mom and he lost his life partner, his love. I couldn't image loosing sadhil. I'll be too broken.

"Dad. I'm sorry, I was busy drowning in my own sorrow that I failed to notice yours." I said.

He looked at me then chuckled sadly " you stole my line, I should be the one telling you that not you to me. I failed to notice your own pain, I wasn't there for you when you needed me. I don't know why I wasn't there for you, perhaps because you remind me a lot of her, I could not protect you both from those murders. I failed both of you, I couldn't even raise you properly and sent you to the states so I could drown In my own sorrow. The most important people in my life, I couldn't do anything. I didn't even get justice for your mother." Dad said breaking into a fit of tears. I also joined in because it hurt to see him like that. I reached for his hands and held them in mine.

"No dad. No. You didn't fail, you tried your best, you kept mom's memories alive and look at me, I remind you of mom right. I'm like this because you love me. I am your princess right? Yours and mom's gudiya."

"I couldn't love my princess enough. Forgive me Gudiya...I am sorry...sorry" He sobbed.

"Dad please don't cry" I said and got down from the bed to hug him.

"No more tears, mom wouldn't like it. Moreover, I'm getting married, its a happy occasion." I said wiping his tears with the pad of my fingers, while he wiped mine.

"Yes. You will be the most beautiful bride the world has ever seen. My princess has grown up" dad said and I twirled. My little action made him laugh and I was happy to see him smile.

"Shall we?" He asked getting up.

"Yes, we shall."

We walked out of my room Imitating him walking me down the aisle.

"Anwita, were you crying?" Eshana asked.

"No, I wasn't, I was sleeping." I didn't wash my face, it's still swollen from all the crying I did earlier.

"I don't believe you" she said drawing the attention of chachi and chachu.

"Me too" chachi said.

"Guys Relax, I was just sleeping. Jeez" I said.

"She was sleeping, I woke her up." Dad said. It wasn't really a lie, I was sleeping and dad woke me up.

"Anu, take a shower and change into something else, we are going shopping." Chachi said.

"Oh No! The torture. I haven't even had lunch yet!" I said dramatically and eshana rolled her eyes while everyone else ignored me.

"Hey drama Queen, your bag, sadhil left it for you. Your phone has not stopped buzzing, he's probably missing you. You should call him" eshana said making kissing noises and I took and my from her after giving her a glare.

I took out my phone and I had a lot of messages from sadhil and an unknown number. I decided to ignore sadhil. what a nice payback for what he did.

I opened the message from the unknown number.

Congratulations sweetheart, you are getting married again, but remember that at the end of it all, YOU ARE MINE. ONLY MINE AND NO ONE ELSE'S.

Wait... What was that?

Mysterious.

Sorry I went MIA everyone, things have not been smooth and a very disturbing news got me thinking about life all together again.

I feel like I am not meeting the expectations of my family and myself.

I don't have much to say because I just can't express my emotions, but I've gotten a little control of life again and I can't promise regular update, but I'll try.

I put all my emotions into writing this chapter loosing a parent and then seeing your other parent suffer right in front of you is not cool and trust me you don't want to know that feeling cause it hurts a lot.

anyway, until next chapter.

don't forget to vote comment and follows me.

Love you all.