Chapter Eighteen

Anwita's POV

I got to the restaurant first, all I had to do was, take a quick shower, put on some comfortable clothes and a light make-up.

I sat on one of the chairs and patiently waited for them. Knowing the friends I have, they will take their time in dressing up and looking good even at a late hour.

After waiting for ten minutes, Dylan showed up.

"Hey!" he said, taking a seat next to me.

"Hi" I replied.

"So...your man, is he...does he love you" he asked. I rolled my eyes at his question. Everyone keeps asking me this and I know they are just looking out for me. But this question will soon be cooking up in my head and I might feel insecure and I really don't want that to happen.

"I can't answer that question, because I don't know the answer to it and I can't vouch for love, but his feelings are there for me." I simply answered honestly.

"Why didn't you inform me of the marriage and don't say its because you don't want to get me worked up or something, I need the truth." He said emphasizing more on 'truth'.

"Does it sound funny when I say I don't know? I guess it was something I could handle. we haven't even announced the news of us being married to the world"

"After five months of marriage?" He asked surprised.

"Yeah. To the world, he's still the single hot bachelor and I'm still the model."

Come to think of it, I had never really thought about this since our marriage, although our wedding reception had a lot of people that attended it, but it wasn't made public for the reporters and all, I also didn't think of my other friends.
We just had close people attend the reception. This I got to know after mumma and maasi were planning for jiju and eshana's wedding reception.

"So, you didn't want to tell me or every other friend of ours because you felt like you could handle it? He asked and I nodded.

"Marriage? A lifetime commitment? You felt like you could handle it. I have seen how you handled things and it is not good." He snickered.

"Hey! You don't get to bring up the past. I am a different person now and trust me when I say I can handle things and I have been handling my marriage for the past five months without yours or anyone's help" I said anger running through me. He doesn't get to bring up the past and hit me just right where it hurts.

Things have changed.

Times have changed.

I have changed.

"I am really sorry I brought up the past, I know it still hurts after all these years and I'm sorry if I hurt you and made you angry." He said and pulled me into a side hug and I slapped his back while giving him a glare.

"So, tell me about your boyfriend" I said and he blushed.

"I met Ryan at a club on my vacation to mexico and it was love at first sight for us both. Initially, we were doing long distance, he in Mexico,  and me in the states because of his job, but he applied for a transfer to the states and luckily it was granted. Six months into our relationship, he moved in with me and it has been all blissful and lovely with him everyday" he had a dreamy look on his face.

How does one know love?

"How do you know when you're in love?" I asked voicing my thoughts.

"Love. Love is a beautiful feeling. It makes you go crazy, not the bad crazy but the good one" he pointed out and I chuckled before he continued. "It can hurt and it can also heal. It makes you exciting when you see the person you love and it hurts when they ignore you or don't value your presence. Love makes you strong and weak, as well as vulnerable. It makes you do the weirdest things with joy just to please that special person. Feeling in love is calming and satisfying as well as also being thrilling, scary, and exciting. You miss that person when ever they are away from you, your heart yearns out to them. You can't Stop smiling and laughing when you're with them. When they are upset, you are upset. Their happiness is your happiness. You want to share your world with them, They are always in your thoughts. Everyday with them is always beautiful." He said, and it got me thinking, he's always in my thoughts way too much than normal and I can't stop smiling and laughing when I'm with him and a lot of weird things go on in my head.