Chapter Twenty-Four

Anwita's POV

We are in the plane going back to Mumbai. All my friends left quite early to catch their flight to American, saying goodbye was really tough.

I was not sure when I was going to see them again, but we made promises to keep in touch through calls and video calls and probably vacation.

Sadhil put his arm around my shoulder, pulling me closer and bringing me out of my thoughts.

I smiled and leaned into him.

"You okay?" he asked.

"Yeah. I'm fine." I said giving him another smile.

"So, I've been meaning to ask, the night I got drunk, what did I exactly do or say?" I asked.

"Nothing much, you were crying and sad that I had gone to London without informing you, you wanted my hoodie and a peck on the cheek and ice cream everyday." He said.

"I said all that?" I asked and buried my face in my hands feeling embarrassed.

"You should not feel embarrassed or anything, you were drunk and had no control of what you said anyways, what you said wasn't even bad, know that I love you" he said kissing my temple.

"I love you too"

Some few hours later, we got home and I was honestly so happy to be home and tired because we spent hours in Mumbai traffic.

"Home sweet home" I said before plopping myself clumsily on the couch next to sadhil who grew worried immediately.

"Anwita, careful" he said.

"I'm fine, just tired" I let out a yawn.

"Let's get you to bed then" he said and scooped me in his arms and of course I shrieked.

I wrapped my arms around his neck, he threw me a bit before catching me and adjusting in his arms and I knew he was trying to scare me but I looked at him unfazed and he gave me a smirk and I knew this man has another plan cooking up in his head. We got to the room and he carefully placed me on the bed and leaned into me, I did the same and our faces were so close. I kissed his cheek and whispered into his ear.

"Don't you think it's about time I receive my daily peck" I said and pulled back to study his expression.

He leaned even more closer, his breath fanning my face.

"Instead of a peck I have something else in mind" he rough and husky voice rang in my ear.

He leaned in more, not even giving space for air to pass between us, we maintained eye contact for a few minutes, before he lowered his gaze to my lips, he wrapped his hand around the side of my neck, my heart racing because I've never done this before. His lips touch mine, claiming it gently and affectionately. My mind immediately crowds with a million thoughts, but I push them away for the moment, desiring nothing more than to enjoy this moment, this is my first kiss and I'm not going to allow any thoughts ruin it. I put my arms around his neck and kissed him back, his hands were on my cheeks and my hands traveled from his neck to his hair, burying my fingers in his hair, the tip of his tongue brushed my lips, insisted, and I opened my mouth to let him in, giving his access and his tongue dominated mine. His grip tightened across my neck, pulling me into him. After what felt like hours, we parted, I was breathless and so was he, I blushed hard as the realization hit me, we kissed and this is my first kiss ever and it was with the man I love.

I couldn't look him in the eyes, I was way too shy to do so, I just looked down at my fingers, but, he pulled my chin up with his finger.

"You are so beautiful." He said and I looked in his eyes, all I could see in his eyes is love for me.

"Sadhil, why do you love me? I didn't think love was for me till I met you, I still think you deserve someone a lot better than me, someone who isn't troubled by the past, someone more better than me in all aspects of life, I am messed up and sometimes immature, How did you end up falling in love with me?" I asked.

"Anwita, I thought we've been through this before" he said.

"I know we have, but there's a tiny part of me that wants to know all this, I want to let go of all my insecurities. To live like I've got a brand new life, to live and love, to love you till forever without worries."

"Why do I love you? I honestly don't know how I fell in love because love works in the mysterious way, you don't get a notification that you're in love, it just happens. I love you because you are you, no flavors added, your mom, birthed a very strong woman, I feel like the luckiest man alive, because, my wife, who has been through a lot knows how to live and love and yeah, have fun, should the need arise, I will fight the whole world for you and I will scream and shout and announce to the world my love for you. You are not messed up, you are beautiful, strong, brave, and the only woman I will love till the end." He said. I had tears in my eyes. I have never been loved like this, I don't want to lose this man not now, not ever. I hugged him tightly as I quietly sobbed on his chest.

"I love you. I love you..." I repeated.

"And I love you too"

Hello lovely people.

I'm back.

Had a long case of writer's block.

Another update, I know, a lot of y'all are really mad at me, especially BoluwatifeElla I met her some day's back and she was really pissed at me that I didn't update.

so, I'm sorry.

what are your thoughts on this chapter? I would really like to know.

Thanks Everyone, we hit 50k reads, I'm so excited.

Check out my new book

𝐀𝐍 𝐔𝐍𝐔𝐒𝐔𝐀𝐋 𝐓𝐀𝐋𝐄 

Its in my profile.

Until next update.

I love y'all.