Chapter 26: Another Day, Another Memory

Start from the beginning

"For Atlas you don't have to worry, I've taken care of that. And for the security detail you'll have to be here in person to discuss it."

"Seems pretty serious. Fine, but don't think I'm accepting the job now." Hector replied before Qrow shut off his scroll.

After getting his things together Hector headed out to say goodbye to Traya.

"I see you're about to leave." Traya said in a meditating position with her back facing towards Hector.

"What gave that away? My luggage?"

*BONK

"Damn it Traya!"

"Just because you're leaving doesn't mean that you can still be a smartass to me. Don't forget who teached you how to wield a sword." Traya responded.

"And I figured out on my own the weaknesses of aura despite me not knowing it existed-"

Hector then suddenly stopped himself with wide eyes that would put an owl's to shame. He simply told her that he didn't know much about aura but not that it didn't exist.
Traya then slowly turned around in a way that made even the Bounty Hunter freeze in fear.

"Hehe... ehhhh." Hector said shrugging before Traya got up and said.

"What do you mean you didn't know it existed?"

She then walked over towards him which Hector replied,

"Well since... we were isolated... we kinda... maybe... yeah we thought it was a load of bullshit that it's a person's soul protecting them but... g-get this... we might... yeah thought it was a myth."

He lied of course. He wasn't going to say that he came from another world that was on the brink of it's third world war.

Hector actually planned for something like this before. While in Atlas he knew one day he would have to explain what and where Los Angeles was and how he ended up in Vale.

Hector planned to tell that his people isolated themselves to avoid everyone else's problems. Then there was the main problem right now aura.

Traya then rubbed the side of her face with her hands which told Hector she was about the kill him or was gonna tell him to leave... he hoped for the latter option.

"I would ask more but seeing as you're walking into Ozpin's trap I'll let you go." Traya said walking past him.

As she turned around the corner of the wall Hector looked up at the sky and softly.

"Thank you grandma."

Unknown to him, a old lady was watching him from a distance. She was saddened to see someone so young get involved with bounty hunting. But she couldn't shake the feeling that... she saw him somewhere before.

LINEBREAK

After Qrow and Hector tagged along a caravan that was heading towards Mistral the ride was rather quiet... and frustrating.

For one, one of the cart's wheels popped off like nothing three times.

Two was because they had to fight some racist bastards who didn't want faunus walking on their turf. Hector didn't kill them... though the gene pool wouldn't have as many racists... Hector didn't know if it worked like that. He made a mental note to check his phone later.

And three was because... there wasn't really a third one. Hector just didn't like inconveniences.

Two Days later...