Don't Turn Your Back on a Wolf

Start from the beginning

That train of thought was derailed quickly as a familiar and unbelievable sound caught the seer's attention.

It was familiar because the raven would recognize her voice anywhere. The words she said weren't uncommon for her to say. What made the sound unbelievable was the moan laced into every syllable.

It wasn't the "I'm in pain" kind of moan, nor was it uncomfortable in how it was executed. This kind haunted her memories of when she was at the Addams manor. The kind that made her very aware of when her younger brother was conceived. The kind her mother and father would make when they thought she was young enough to never remember. The kind that made her turn around out of pure surprise.

"Enid! More!"

The vision cleared enough to reveal the werewolf's bed, her bare back and waist, and the look of desperation and need on a familiar dark-haired girl. The seer didn't know how to react. The sight of their fully naked bodies was too much to process. Wednesday wished Enid had thrown her around because then the raven wouldn't have to hear and see herself succumbing the way her parents had.

"I've got you, Wends. I'm right here." Something in the blond's tone made the raven's skin crawl, lighting up every nerve gently.

The sensation reminded Wednesday of an electric chair if it were a very low voltage.

"Cara mia, please... I'm so close."

She didn't know when she had moved, but the seer was close enough to see the blond working two fingers inside the future Wednesday. The pace was steady and loving, and it was easy to tell they had done this before.

"Let go, darling. I've got you."

Again, that warm jolt covered the raven like a second layer of skin. Now, as she watched her head fall back and Enid latch onto her neck with a gentler bite than the one that sent Wednesday into this vision, her eyes caught a few scars on her pale skin. One was faded and was placed under her ribs; another was similar but rested over and to the side of her heart. The rest were bite marks, one fresh and pink yet not bleeding, one dark and cleanly placed where her shoulder and neck met. The last one, most likely the oldest, was an ugly marring of punctures over her shoulder.

Wednesday shivered as future Enid kissed over that scar lightly and diligently, not missing a single divot.

"Does it hurt?" Enid asked once the both of them regained control of their breathing.

"No, cara mia. It is a bit sore, but there is no pain." the raven hummed to her lover, soothing the werewolf.

Wednesday felt a pang of warmth in her black heart when she looked at the scar again.

"I'm sorry..."

Those few words echoed in the seer's mind as the vision slowly came to an end. The room darkened, and the raven felt a wave of calm fill her.

_____

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry."

That's what Wednesday registered first as she slowly came back to consciousness. The second was how she was leaning back against the taller girl who had the raven wrapped in a gentle huddle. The last was the cool air on her shoulder that was replaced with a warm, wet sensation as it was soothed by what the smaller girl assumed to be Enid's tongue. Her instincts made the werewolf attack, and now she was using her instincts to fix her mistake.

"Enid..." Wednesday groaned, trying to lift her arm and push the girl away.

"Oh my god! Wends! I'm sorry! I'm so sorry! I don't know what happened! I was just annoyed and angry, but I didn't want you to leave, so I... God, I'm such a stupid idiot... I'm sorry. Fuck, I could've killed you. I thought I did kill you. You fell, and I-"

"Enid. Stop."

The raven squinted as she opened her eyes to see that the blond had been crying. Her eyes were red and puffy, and a few tears remained. So, without thinking, the smaller teen reached up with her uninjured arm and lightly wiped the tears away.

"I'm alright. It will take more than a bite and blood loss to pull me away from-... Into deaths embrace."

What was she thinking? Just because she had a vision of the two being together didn't mean it would happen. Right?

"What happened?" Enid asked.

Ah, time to lie.

"I had a vision, and Goody told me to stop "fucking around", as you would say. But right now, I need you to take me to the nurse." Wednesday replied, deciding the vision would only make things more complicated if Enid knew.

"Ah! Okay. Sorry... I freaked out when you went limp and-"

"Enid." the seer warned, not wanting the blond to rant again.

"Right! Sorry, sorry."

"Stop apologizing. I'll be fine."

"How do you know?"

The worry was as clear as day in the werewolf's tone, and the raven could help but want to ease her concerns.

"Because I know what my body can take. Now, if you don't start walking, I'll go alone."

"Ah! No, no. Here let me-" and before Wednesday could protest, she was scooped up and carried out of the room by the colorful girl.

The worst part was that Wednesday couldn't find it in herself to hate the contact. But, like before getting bit, she needed to have the last word.

"If you ever bite me again without my permission, I will take out every fang you have with a pair of rusty pliers." the seer said coldly with a glare, keeping her good arm around Enid's neck.

The werewolf smirked and flashed a toothy grin.

"So, if you say yes, I can bite you?"

By the black abyss, this wolf is incorrigible. Wednesday thought as she looked away from the blond, feeling her ears heat up.

"Shut up..."