Heart to Heart

Credits to: Littledeaddoodles

"Wednesdayyyy...I'm bored." Enid complained, slumping down and off the side of her bed. Wednesday watched her slowly falling onto the cold ground, taking most of her blankets and bedspread with her. "Don't start dancing. I might be forced to cut off my ears." She said, sitting up in her own bed. Enid groaned. "Ugh, you're just as fun as you were at the beginning of this year." She whined some more.

"Fine. How about I tell you about what's happening in my novel?" Wednesday suggested. She would never admit it, but she was pretty bored too. As it turns out, reading old, historical Italian literature was only fun for so long. "Okay!" Enid said, immediately perking up. She struggled with her blankets, trying to untangle her feet while Wednesday grabbed one of the multiple stacks of paper on her desk.

By now Enid had managed to untangle herself from her bed and had tossed her messed up bedspread back onto her mattress. She plopped down on the edge of Wednesday's bed and began swaying back and forth slightly, with a toothy grin on her face. "Don't look so excited, it's ruining my side of the room." Wednesday frowned. Enid was basically sunshine if it had taken the form of a highschool girl. Wednesday was basically the opposite.

"Sorry! You just never really tell me about your novel. I am excited!" Enid said, clapping her hands a few times for good measure. Wednesday rolled her eyes. "Here, look at this." She said, handing the blonde one of the papers. "It's a rough draft for Charlie Wittles."
"The character?" Enid asked, taking the paper and skimming it. Wednesday nodded. "Charlie is a rich, annoying, handful of a boy who bothers Viper whenever he gets the chance. His favorite things to do are talk about himself, spend money, and get in the way of Viper's work." Enid read.

She frowned before reading the next part. "He's dirty blonde and freckled, and somehow is always in both the most obnoxious and anger-inducing outfits." Enid frowned deeper. Something about this character sounded an awful lot how Wednesday might describe her...
Enid shook the thought out of her head. Surely Wednesday wouldn't write a character based off her in her novel, and surely if she did, she wouldn't describe him like this. Right?

"Yes. Charlie is short-tempered, infuriating, and tiresome. Viper tried not to take part in anything to do with him." Wednesday said, taking the paper back. Enid felt tears prickle at her eyes. No no no, she had just told herself that Wednesday wouldn't do that. But...Enid always wanted to believe Wednesday wouldn't do a lot of things that she probably would do. "Enid, are you okay? Your face is red." Wednesday pointed out. Quickly, Enid wiped her tears with her sleeve. "Yeah, I'm fine!" She said, trying to sound convincing.

Wednesday gave her another look, but didn't say anything else. Instead, she handed Enid another page. "This is Charlie's final draft. All I have to do now is write him in to the next chapter." She said. Enid took the paper reluctantly. On it, there was a slightly altered description of the character. "Charlie Wittles is a boy, about the same age as Viper, who comes from a rich family and is constantly in the way of very important cases. He is obnoxious, annoying, irritating, loud, and all around aggravating."

Enid couldn't bring herself to read the rest. Tears had begun streaming down her face and she had started to shake and sniff violently. "Enid." Wednesday said, leaning over to try and read her face. Enid covered her face with one hand, and shakily set the paper down with the other. "I'm sorry." She said quietly. "I'm sorry for being loud, obnoxious, and aggravating." Then, without warning or explanation, she stood up and left the room, leaving a confused Wednesday alone on her bed.
———

Wednesday wasn't really sure what had just happened. She picked up the paper and added it back to the pile, but before she did she looked at it. Frowning, she realized what must have happened. Enid thought Charlie was based off of her, which wasn't the case at all. Looking back, it would have been a good idea to warn her who the character was really based off of.

Wednesday straightened her papers, set them on her desk, and left the room. She felt bad, and somewhat lonely, and for the second time, it didn't feel good.

So she set off in search of her werewolf roommate, looking up and down the school, the courtyard, and even Yoko's room. Finally, the only place she hadn't gone was outside, in the yard. She strode across the yard in her usual black boots, and it wasn't long until she spotted a very familiar orange and pink sweater. She walked towards Enid, who was obviously still very upset. Wednesday took a seat next to her, on the grass.

Enid sniffled and looked over to see who had come to accompany her. However, upon seeing her roommate, she turned the other way. "What do you want?" She asked, trying to wipe away even more tears. Wednesday sucked in a breath. "I want to apologize." She said. Enid slowly turned back to look at her, puzzled. "You want to apologize??" She asked.

Wednesday nodded, looking back. "And I want to explain." She continued. Now Enid was curious. How could Wednesday possibly explain this? "Enid. Even though sometimes you are loud and obnoxious, I wouldn't write you into my book that way. And so far, you haven't been too aggravating. Yet."

Enid giggled, then sniffled again. "Thanks I guess." She said, resting her head on her knees. Wednesday kept going. "I'm...sorry." She said, avoiding eye contact. "And also, I want you to know that even if I did write you into my book like that, I wouldn't show you." She added. Enid reached out and rested a hand on Wednesday's shoulder. "I think I'd prefer if you did show me, actually." She said. Now it was Wednesday's turn to give Enid a puzzled look. Well, as puzzled as Wednesday could look.

"Really?" She asked in a deadpan voice. Enid smiled slightly. "Yeah. I'd wanna know if I was in a book, even if I was just written as an annoying side character." She said. Wednesday tilted her head. "Do you want to know who Charlie is actually based off of?" She asked. Enid lit up a little bit. She lived for the gossip. "Who??" She asked.

"Xavier." Wednesday said, smirking just the tiniest bit. Enid laughed, wiping away one last tear. "You know, that actually makes a lot of sense." She said, looking back at the rest of the yard. Wednesday nodded. Then, she reached a cold hand and grabbed the hand Enid had put on her shoulder. Enid squeezed her hand and glanced, one last time, at the beautiful girl beside her. Whether either of them liked or not, they were stuck together.

———
BONUS:
"I think if I ever did write you into my book, I would make you Viper's girlfriend."

Enid choked on the air she was breathing in.