Confession Via Taylor Swift

Start from the beginning

The next action that was out of the norm was the little touches, just a simple brush of the hand. Enid initially thought it was her mistake, even pulling away quickly and apologizing to the raven when it happened. However, after the fifth occurrence and a bump to the arm, the blond was utterly confused. The contact had to have a hidden meaning, but Enid couldn't figure it out. So, like with the stares, Enid pretended not to notice. Though she didn't hate it, she only disliked not knowing the reason.

"Enid, I suggest you wear deep green or royal blue for your funeral. I believe either would pair well with your lifeless corpse."

...

Yup. Murder is on the raven's mind.

_____

Wednesday stood there on the balcony, waiting for the inevitable. She was prepared for what was to come. It would be less subtle but, hopefully, convey her feelings in a way the blond could understand.

Inside, the raven could hear the shuffling of feet, then a loud, concerned shout of her name. Soon enough, Enid came and opened the window to the balcony.

"Wednesday?!? Did you get locked out? Dear god, come inside! You're soaking wet!" Concern radiated oof the blond like heat.

"No, Enid."

It was a simple answer, a baited hook, and the werewolf took it like a hungry bass.

"NO?! Wednesday, are you insane?!"

Now looking into the blond's eyes with all the seriousness she could convey, Wednesday spoke softly and confidently.

"It has been a long six months," the raven gently took the wolf's hand in her own, "and I have been too afraid to tell you what I want."

Enid, being the fan she was, knew exactly where those words came from.

"How you get the girl" by Taylor Swift.

The werewolf felt heat rise to her cheeks and ears quickly at the realization.

"W-wends h-h-hold up..." she tried to stop the raven, but the other girl was determined to finish.

"I want you for worse or for better."

That caused a soft whine from the blond.

"Willa..."

"I would wait for ever and ever."

This needed to end because Enid knew she would spontaneously combust into flames if it didn't. So, she did the only thing she could think of at the moment. Enid covered the raven's mouth with her hand.

"Please, Willa. Come inside." The request was soft and gentle, like the tug on the raven's hand.

Wednesday nodded and followed the blond into their shared room. Her head hung low as if she had just been scolded like a child.

"I apologize, Enid. It would seem your response to my earlier advances were you showing no interest in my affections." The seer spoke in a monotone voice, but Enid could hear the pain and hurt.

"No, no. Willa, I not," Enid paused to take a breath before continuing, "do you know where those words are from?"

Wednesday paused, thinking for a moment before looking up.

"The internet?" For the first time ever, Enid heard doubt in the raven's voice.

Enid gave the other girl a soft, reassuring smile while offering her other hand. Wednesday looked down at the gesture and hesitated momentarily before seeing the gentle blue eyes. The raven tentatively took the werewolf's hand, moving closer to do so.

"Willa," Wednesday looked up at her roommate, "specifically, it's the lyrics to a Taylor Swift song. So, technically, you were just serenading me."

The raven groaned at the thought, and feeling her ears starting to heat up, she tried pulling away.

"Excuse me. I'm going back outside to jump off the balcony."

This caused Enid to laugh and gently spin them around. Now she was between the seer and the window.

"No, no. You're staying right here, songbird." The lilt in her voice wasn't enough to distract Wednesday from the nickname.

The raven glared and opened her mouth to quip back but was cut off by Enid.

"Why didn't you tell me you like me?"

Wednesday was at a loss for words. Had Enid truly her signals?

"I tried, but when you didn't acknowledge my advances, I figured the staring, touches, and complement were too subtle. So, I decided that this-"

"Wait, wait, wait," the werewolf cut her off, "you're saying that the constant staring and touches were you flirting? And what compl-... the comment about my funeral..."

There was a long pause. Then a soft laugh bubbled out of the blond. Wednesday groaned again and made another effort to escape.

"Never mind the balcony. I have plenty of knives that will get the job done."

"Willa, no, no. I'm sorry. I'm just in shock right now. Like, the Wednesday Addams likes me. Oh gosh..." with those words, the gravity of the situation dawned on Enid.

"Wednesday Addams likes me."

"I do," Wednesday, having a burst of confidence at the werewolf's reaction, reached up to hold the girl's cheek.

"So very much, mi amor."

There was another pause. However, this one was charged like the storm building outside their room. The single shift of a molecule could have it crashing and electrified in the blink of an eye. And Enid would be the one to start the reaction.

"May I kiss you?"

The words were quick and rushed, fearful that the moment would evaporate and never return. A single, light nod was all the answer the werewolf needed.

The kiss was perfectly imperfect in that it was too quick but allowed a second kiss to take place after a soft "woah" was muttered. The second kiss was everything the first was not. It was slower, savored as both girls leaned into the moment fully. A bright flash from the window lit up the room from the first lightning break. Low rumbling followed soon after, and the two pulled apart with smiles and closed eyes.

"Thank you, Taylor."

Wednesday laughed softly at Enid's comment, and the taller girl felt her heart skip like a pebble across the water.