"Oh, right." Remus shook his head as he looked at the envelope in his hand with his name on it. "Why don't you come in. I think I have some hot chocolate upstairs."

The little girl didn't answer, but just took her trunk and walked past him. He watched the girl wait for him at the bottom of the staircase and smiled as she tapped her tiny foot impatiently. Remus picked up the plastic teacup and walked over to the girl. "Follow me."

~

Once settled in the kitchen, he put the envelope down and made work on two cups of hot chocolate. As he prepared the cups, he studied the young girl carefully. With her black wavy hair and those grey eyes, there was only one possibility on who she was...

"Here you go, little girl." Remus smiled nervously as he pushed a cup to her.

"Alec." She huffed as she pulled the cup to her.

"Alec." He nodded with a smile at the directness of such a young girl. "Is it okay that I read this now?" He asked her, holding up the envelope. She nodded at him before she took the cup in her tiny hands and brought it to her lips.

With a little shake in his hands, Remus opened the envelope and his eyes flickered over the parchment at rapid pace.

Remus,

I'm sorry for springing her up on you, but I had no other choice.
They are coming closer; I can feel it. I'm no longer safe at the house Albus put me in.

I've put a vial of my memories in Alec's trunk and Alec is the final memory. You can take it from her while she sleeps, it won't hurt her. I've put it ready for you.

I have written letters for her, for every birthday that is to come. Please, please take care of her. I don't have anyone left. I just read the paper today, about Sirius... I can't believe it.

You'll find her birth certificate in the envelope with this letter.
I wish I could've introduced her to you sooner, but seeing the circumstances...

Tell her I'll always love her and watch over her.
Please look after her, Remus.

Love,

Cordelia Dubois.

He didn't look at the girl in front of him, but just took the next piece of parchment in the envelope and folded it open, a birth certificate.

Name: Alexandra Fae Black

Date of birth: October 30th, 1977

Place of birth: Connemara, Ireland

Mother of the child: Cordelia Fae Dubois

Date of birth: Januari 20 th , 1958

Nationality: French

Father of the child: Sirius Orion Black

Date of birth: November 3th, 1959

Nationality: British

"Sirius." He whispered as his hand clenched around the parchment. It was only a little over a month ago that Lily and James were killed, that Sirius betrayed them and delivered them on a silver platter to Voldemort. It never sat right with him what happened, that Sirius could've betrayed them but still what other explanation was there.