1

Part 1

Between the mountains of Connemara in Ireland was a small wooden hunting cabin. Only one person lived there for eight months in 1977 before a second person arrived. They stayed together, just the two of them for four years until...

~

Cordelia Dubois was only twenty years old when she gave birth alone at a safehouse. She birthed a baby girl, her one and only child and she named her Alexandra.
She had written the father a letter to say she was pregnant, but she never got a reply. She only found out she was pregnant after Dumbledore made her go into hiding. He told her she could come back when the time was safe, but it's been eight months and still no word, not one.

She was sitting in her bathtub and let the red stained water drain away as she held her daughter tightly to her chest. While the baby girl was drinking hungerly, she cleaned herself up and casts some healing charms over her, happy to have had her first healer training before she was forced into hiding, so she knew what to do. She tiredly climbed out of the tub and got dressed.
She made her way to her bedroom and went to the transfigured carton box turned crib. She laid the fully naked baby in the bed and went to get all of the clothes and diapers she had transfigured or bought at the small local store and placed them in the cupboard. She looked over her shoulder to Alexandra who was starting to doze off. Her head full of wavy black hair with grey eyes. She looked so much like her father; it made her heart break. With a sad smile she put on a little diaper and a onesie and went to sit at the desk at the window.

She took in a deep breath and started on the next letter. Her quill scratching on the parchment was the only sound in the room. On her right was already a large stack with envelops, all sealed magically only for Alexandra to open up when it was the right time.

~

Alexandra, Alec was her go to name now, appeared with a little trunk with the initials CD, on the steps of a little apartment building on the edge of London. She was alone on the streets at just four years old, and the snow was starting to fall down. She shivered as she looked at the doorbells on her top left. With a tiny little frown, she compared the letters on the piece of paper her mother had shoved into her hands to the name plaques next to the bells. She put the trunk on the ground and climbed on top of it and reached for the right bell. When she didn't hear anything, she pursed her lips and kept pressing it.

After a few minutes the door flew open and revealed an angry looking young man with sandy brown hair and amber eyes. She could see a large scar on his neck that disappeared in his shirt. The man's eyes softened when he saw the little girl on the trunk, her hand still hovering over the bell. His eyes shifted from anger to surprise to worried, as he looked around the empty street.

"Uncle Moony." Alec smiled at the man, her eyes like saucers. Remus Lupin's eyes nearly fell out of its sockets as he looked at the girl in front of him.

"Uncle Moony?" He choked out. "Where are your parents, little girl?" It looked like he said the wrong thing, the girl got tears in her eyes and let the little teacup in her other hand fell to the ground. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry." Remus muttered, trying to soothe the child but didn't know how to do so. He was so out of his element.

Alec wiped the tears away and took a letter from her red coat and handed it over before she hopped off her trunk. "I'm cold." She said through shivering teeth.