Chapter 6: Friends

Start from the beginning

I glanced at her and crossed my arms, "Well, I'm great that you feel happy. How's the adventure of this music world?"

"My vocal coach, Precious, has allocated me to an easier way of using my gift. She taught me not to strain my voice and use my chest voice instead of my head voice." She explained.

"Can you sing a line for me?" Lucia cleared her voice and sang a long belted note from a song I did not recognize. I assumed it was some pop song. But her tone was different yet impactful, who knew what a true performance could sound like from her?

I chuckled in amazement, "Wow! You sounded completely different last time I met you!"

"I do have the tendency to go off pitch, but it's getting better." She smirked, then grabbed my arm, "Show me around your party! I'm quite astonished you hosted such brilliant gatherings in this expensive banquet hall."

"I'm not much of a party person. Alec, she planned everything, just for me to get some friends."

"Haha!" She continued as her eyes lingered at the big glass doors, "She's done a great job!"

"Since you're new to the city, would you like me to introduce you to a few people I know?" I walked inside the hall, almost to the main room. The golden lights brightened our complexions.

Lucia stared at the large chandelier that towered over us then back at me, "Hm, you know people? Most of the peers here have only spoken French here."

I responded, "Well, it is Paris, Lucia."

"I'd thought it'd be more of a diverse country, like New York or, hm, Los Angeles." She replied.

"Thankfully you know me."

"Oh! I forgot." She looked through her black Chanel purse and took out a fancy paper envelope.

"What is it?"

She placed it into my hands and smiled, "I have a performance tomorrow, and you have to come."

I held it in the air and looked back at her, "Is this your first performance in France, with your brother?"

"Unfortunately with him, but this... is a grand opportunity! You must go see me!" She smiled with excitement.

"I will make some free room tomorrow, don't you worry." I chuckled and put it in my bag.

"Thank you, lots! Merci!"

We stopped at the grand entrance after walking up a large spiral staircase to the doors. I took another glance at her to properly see the dress she was wearing. It was more modest than sparkly or glam. The dress went down to her knees and there was a small waist belt that shaped her hour-glass figure. The long skirt was mainly made up of chiffon to match with her black lace and cropped cardigan. Definitely was not chosen by her. Needless to say, it was an upsetting outfit.

"Do you like my dress? My coach picked it out for me." She noticed my unusually long look in her outfit.

"Uh, yes." I held my hand to the door a little guilty, "Ready?"

She nodded with excitement, "Yes, of course."

The doors opened to a large crowd of people, dressed up in their most luxurious suits and dresses. Noise attacked us as we walked in.

"Oh, Aria! You've finally arrived!" An unfamiliar person shouted out.

Another one joined in, "Goodness, your outfit is gorgeous!"

"Quite expected from you!" The crowd laughed.

I laughed modestly, "Heh, yes. Sorry about the inconvenience." Then I looked back towards Lucia, "Oh- just to let you know, I'll be heading to the front to introduce the party."