14 | Rescue

Silence engulfed the room. Ezra whispered some curse words under his breath, trying to calm his agitated breathing. Kanan, Sabine and Zeb came from the door, sitting down on their own seats.

"I-I-I think I know we're there keeping the wookies." He tried Sauk f normally, "Have you ever heard... of Spice Mines of Kessel?"

Sabine turn her chair to look at him clearly, "A slave camp. Normally nobody last long, maybe about months, or maximum years but for wookies who their planet is a forest..—" Sabine started, sighing in the sentence break, "They won't last long."

"Well?" Ezra asked to break the awkward air, "What are we waitin' for?"

"Wait what—" Zeb interrupted, "Why is he going with us?" He grumbled, hating the kid's wish, "Why don't we drop him o—"

The blueberry smiled, "Well we've started together, might as well finish the job." Ezra shrugged in response. He clutched his leg even tighter, in response to the stress of not wanting to end up on the streets again.

The lasat grumbled under his breath, not wanting to tolerate a teenager on the ship anymore.

"Setting course for Kessel." Hera said, still shaken by Ezra's statement.

~•~•~
time skip

The wookies were handcuffed and put in a group, each forced to move at the desired speed of the Empire.

"Move it!" A stormtrooper yelled to a poor wookie, who was whimpering in fear. The trooper raised his gun, making the poor beast wide-eyed.

The wookie, quickly hurried the kit, pushing him gently, while trying to make him move faster.

Two light beams came from behind the transport, revealing The Ghost. A surge of hope rises among the prisoners, but out of fear the little one started to run while the soldiers gazed into the light.

"Time to change the future." Mumbled Ezra under his breath.

The rebels jumped out as soon as the captain lowered the ramp. Sabine and Kanan started to shoot as many stormtroopers as they could as Zeb smashed their heads together.

Ezra doubted the plan once again. "Is part of the plan getting captured ourselves?" He whispered to Kanan.

Zeb, who heard it from behind snickered.

Kanan ignored the teenager. "Hera we'll need a 44 scoop."

Ezra couldn't believe what he was about to say. "44 scoop?" He said, internally disgusted to himself, "Is there a secret you're willing to tell me?

Kanan stood up, dodging the shots easily by just simply moving his head. "Kid, I'm about to show everybody a secret."

The tall adult took his lightsaber and ingnited it.

Kallus' surprise could not go unnoticed.

"All fire at...

... The Jedi."

As soon as the stormtroopers recovered from the pause, they all started firing. The Jedi swiftly and smoothly rebounded their shots.

Ezra quickly and discreetly sneaked pass the firing crowd and eventually reached the wookies.

The furry beasts were not welcoming at first, but immediately softened up as Ezra showed his drew driver, shaking it nervously. Sadly, the little kit had made a run for it, and clearly wasn't turning back.

The blueberry teenager turned around. "Great." He whispered, cursing under his breath.

The boy tried running as least painful as possible. He felt the wound getting more opened by the steps, and eventually had to stop and hold himself. He had made it to the bridge, which he looked to the side and and regretted doing so. And held by the bridge's handrail.

He looked up to the child. "I'm here to help you."

The eyes of the small creature were desperate. With nowhere to run, he quickly nodded.

Ezra approached the creature, struggling and clinging onto the handrail.

From behind, Kallus quickly caught up. The ISB agent's smirk was almost something Ezra could feel. "What a rare catch these days. A Jedi and an apprentice."

The boy's eyes filled with sadness. He clutched the wookie's hand to avoid falling down. "You're crazy old man. I work alone." He yelled over to the other side.

~•~•~

I put some early parts that I found funny under. Read it if want my afterward is at the bottom anyways.

~•~•~

1. — Ezra couldn't believe what he was about to say. "44 scoop?" He said, internally disgusted to himself, "TELL ME YOUR ALL SECRETS YOU SHAVITS!"

"Boy raised you kriffing voice down." Sabine snapped.

Ezra turned around, raising an eyebrow at Sabine. "I'm a loth-rat Sabine." Which, Ezra agreed to mostly, especially in these kinds of situations.

~•~•~

2. — "Maybe you should have a little more faith in me Zeb." Ezra said while patting onto the lasat's seat.

The purple guy shot a grimace and scooted away from the guys hand.

Ezra frowned. "I feel offended."

Sabine could not help but snort out of amusement.

~•~•~

Made it to 2k! Tyms readers.

Challenge: Get this chapter to 10 votes and I'll probably make the next chapter.

PS: I'm going to literally squeeze early chapters into on chapter. (Since they are short).

- Aqua