On lap 21, an accident caused a red flag and the cars came back to the pits for a while. The drivers were not out of the cars so it was all normal.

Your phone rang with Stefano's name on the screen. "Hello?"

"Hi miss!" The Italian boss spoke. "Any chance you'd want to give one of the trophies at the podium today? We had this person scheduled today but they won't be able to make it and since you're a vital piece of Formula One, I thought of you."

You smiled. For the past year you had been officially head of the PR team at F1. Your agency was still working, but didn't work as a third party anymore. George had been your last project. "Of course, do I need to look a certain way? I mean, i have jeans and my Mercedes tee..."

He chuckled. "That would be a bit biased I'd say! Can you get changed?"

You assured him that won't be a problem, so you left the kids with Aleix and one of the mechanics and ran home to get changed into a more formal attire. You cursed at the kids and George for leaving clothes sprawled around the room and made a mental note to make them tidy up before dinner. Honestly, George was the best boyfriend in the universe, but bring his niece and nephew and he'll become one more of them. Luckily, after the Silverstone next weekend you'll come back home to the domestic bliss he'd had you accustomed for the past year and a half.

Sometimes you liked to think this could be a glimpse into the future, and your couldn't contain the grin that showed up when you imagined George running around trying to play footie or watching movie after movie in the living room a rare lazy Sunday with the children sleeping on him. You would stare at his left hand and would think of a golden band surrounding his finger, with both your initials carved inside. It was almost enough to plan on proposing to him one day, really take him by surprise while he cooked dinner or while he had tea in the balcony. It was just a thought, and just a project in your mind, but lately it came closer and closer to a reality.

You took your car to the track and got in the car park easily flashing your VIP card. You had two: one for F1 and the other from Mercedes. The car was also a Mercedes AMG, a gift from George who wanted you to have one that was a gift from him and not the Honda Max had gifted you years ago. It's enough to say that George got teased for that move for months.

The race had resumed by the time you came back, half of it done by then. Two laps in, George had a malfunction on the brakes and had to abandon the race. You could hear all the way from his room to groans of the team when he was told to stop the car. Leo was gutted, asking you if he could ask Toto what happened. You told him he could go after the race, since Mick was still out there.

You waited for George to finish with his press duties while you finished watching the race. He walked in and saw you waiting for him and pouted sadly as he went to hug you tightly. You cuddled him in your arms and kissed his temple, closest to your face.

"You okay there, baby?"

He just whined in response and snuggled more into your neck. "I wanted to at least finish the race..."

"I know G, it sucks..." you stroked his back softly. "If it makes you feel any better, Leo wanted to go and demand explanations from the whole team," you giggled, trying to ease the mood.

He chuckled sadly. "Not necessary, it was a problem we thought it was fixed, but found its way back to us, and we had to retire because it could compromise the whole car and that would have been worse..." he said that while lifting his head and looking at you and smiled. "But thank you for the loud support."

You smiled at him and put a hand on his face, which he kissed. "Of course, we are all here to provide love for you..." you went to peck his lips and he did it back but then surged forward to keep you attached to him as you kissed a bit more deeply and longer.