17.

Friday morning you got an email from the team asking for some meetings in Brackley for those who could attend on Monday morning. It sounded like a good idea to visit the factory, and also plan a surprise visit to your parents, so you called George to tell him that night there won't be a meeting because you would be back on Tuesday.

A few hours later, when you were wrapping up your work, about to confirm the flight home, George called.

"Hey, all good?" You greeted him.

"Yes! Have you booked your flight yet?"

"I'm on it, why?"

"Got called for simulator work tomorrow and Monday to Wednesday, would you fly with me?"

"You sure? If it's not too much trouble, I have mine saved, just need to pay and confirm..."

"Of course it isn't! I have a car picking me up in two hours, I can be at yours in three?"

"Three hours?!" You gasped and started turning everything off and leaving the office. "Okay, I think I can manage, see you then!"

He chuckled and agreed before hanging up.

The flight was fun, usual banter between you and George, playing UNO and sleeping a little.

"So, where should we go with the car? I had the factory send one for us so I can take you to your parents' house," George asked.

"Ahh thank you for that, I was going to rent one!" You smiled. "Born in London, raised in Cambridge, so we're going there please."

"Why would someone move away from London when they already live there?" He frowned in confusion.

You giggled. "Don't know, my parents wanted some life away from the big city circus, but not that far, so we went there when I was little..."

"Sounds nice," he smiled. "Should I drive you there then? I'll go to mine after I drop you off."

"I still have to rent one for me G, don't worry!"

"No, silly, we take one and then we ask for one more to be sent to you tomorrow."

"Fine, if you say so..."

The flight continued normally, with a very relaxed George, making jokes and showing some dance moves. You took a few photos of him on his seat and being a dork to remind him to post later on his social media.

You got to the airport and had the car waiting for him to drive it.

"It's like your car," you stated. "I love it."

"You could get one, if you want," he commented. "Get rid of that Honda you're driving..."

You chuckled. "Ahhh I knew that comment was coming! It was a gift from Max..." you told him and waited for his reaction.

He gave you a side eyed look. "Generous."

"Very, I remember I told him no but he insisted in me keeping it. Never in my whole life someone gave me a gift that big!" You kept going.

"Maybe he needed to overcompensate?"

You laughed and slapped his arm playfully. "George! He's your friend!"

He chuckled. "It was a joke!"

"Sure thing, I know you hate it when I talk about the other boys, even though I told you a million times you're my number one..."

George blushed deeply and looked away. "Guess I need to hear it more to believe it."

You put your hand on his shoulder and squeezed it softly. "What more do you need, when you were the one that made Max finally go back to being car 33?"