31.

There was one lap and a half to go for the British Grand Prix to finish and George was P3 after a long pit stop. Charles was on front, then Lewis. Behind Russell, Max was coming like a bullet train. Right at turn 6, George gave it all at the exit, coming in hot and taking over Lewis' position. One lap to go and Leclerc was losing tyres whilst George's were only ten laps old. After an impressive driving in the Maggots/Becketts corners, he activated the DRS and in turn 15, he passed Charles, who fought his way but to no avail, George turned already at the 18th corner and won the Silverstone Grand Prix. The commentators on Sky Sports were losing their minds, just like they've won the World Cup at any sport. You shook your head at the screens and saw everyone jump around and pat themselves in the back with joy, but you were in shock as you couldn't believe how George pulled off two overtakes in a lap and a half, making everyone look like a rookie with such driving.

Damn it was going to be a long flight home until you could show him just how proud of him you were. You ran towards the parc fermé and stood there against the barriers, waiting for the drivers to get off the cars. George came out and jumped on the car to catch a British flag someone threw at him. He waved it and celebrated with his arms up. Everyone cheered and you tried to, as you were squeezed at the barrier since they pushed you out front because everyone knew who you were for the driver. He ran towards the team and jumped on them while they slapped his bum, his back and his helmet. He then got off and took your hand tightly before running off to the scale. Then he took off his helmet and balaclava before running towards you again and stamping a kiss on your lips.

"Thank you baby," he said and flew off to the cool down room before the podium. You blushed deeply as the crew behind you went wild with the cheers. There was no way to stop the mechanics and the garage team at a podium celebration. You chuckled and turned towards the main event of the moment, to see your man come up with the golden trophy.

You came back to George's motor home and waited for him there to be done with the press conference. When he came back, you were standing up in the kitchen making some tea but you saw him and ran to him to proper congratulate him.

"That's my reigning champion!" You said as he hugged you and lifted you up from your feet. "G that was amazing!"

He chuckled and kissed you, as you kissed him back for a few longer seconds. He put you on the table and you sat there while still kissing him. He started to push you to lay on the table and you were letting him, when a knock on the door interrupted. George groaned. "Race weekend is over, what could they want?"

You giggled and watched him open the door to Max and Kelly. "Hey mate," the Dutch said then pointed to you sitting on the table and looked at his wife. "See? They were up to something, I knew it."

You blushed and dismissed him with a hand gesture. "As if I never caught you in a similar situation, Verstappen!"

He shook his head and tried to appear innocent. "Anyway, we're not here to point fingers, we're here to ask you to fly with us to Monaco if you want, we have something to show you."

"Me?" You asked then looked at George. "Are you flying tonight too? Maybe we can have dinner later and then you show me..."

"I have to run a few stuff here, was going to tell you we could fly tomorrow morning," said George but looked for his (your) keys. "I believe you forgot these the other day, go to mine and I'll wake you up tomorrow, okay?"

You smiled at him and took the keys again. You saw he added a small keychain with your name initial. "Okay, but I'll miss you though..." you told him, thinking about sleeping one more night next to him.

He took your hand and kissed you on the forehead. "I'll miss you too," he said as he played with your hair with his other hand.

"Okay okay, it's not that long, believe me you survive!" Max said as Kelly told him to leave you alone. "We have to go, P is waiting for us at our motor home and she's excited to see you."

That made you smile. "Then let's not keep her waiting!" You kissed George and wished him a safe flight as he did the same with you and left.

The Verstappens were, ironically, the slowest to pack up and leave. It's been two hours and they were still trying to leave. Max was closing some deals with the team while you and Kelly waited as you chatted of nonsense and played with Penelope.

Like half an hour later, you were getting into the jet, already quite tired and thinking of nothing but maybe a bath and sleep in George's bed. You were starting to regret not to wait for him to fly with him the next morning. At least that would have given you a night to sleep cuddled on his chest like the previous one.

"I miss sleeping in your chest, what time are you coming tomorrow? Xx"

"That's all you miss of me? My chest? I feel objectified🤭"

"I would name more my love but I don't want to add to that feeling 😂"

"What would my girlfriend say of such things!"

"As far as I know, you don't have one..."

"Yet 😉"

"Oh yeah? What are your plans?"

And that text was the last one he replied to, you figured he either had work or went to sleep, probably have dinner too with Alex who was also staying.

When you got off the jet and into Max's car, it was late so you had P in your arms sleeping, while they got the luggage and started the journey home. You slept an hour or so during the flight so you were quite rested after that big dinner on the plane. Max asked if he should drop you at George's and you said yes so it was a short car ride to the Fontvieille area.

You said goodbye to the family and entered the building, ready to prepare a bath before sleeping in that huge bed that probably smelt of George. You frowned as you heard soft music and the pool lights on.

"Ahhh George mate, you forgot to turn things off!" You mumbled as you made your way to the sounds and lights.

You stopped and stayed there, frozen, as you saw George standing next to a small picnic layout, with fruits, nuts and champagne. He had already two glasses in each hand and a huge smile.

"I know it's not dinner and wine like I said, but it's what we had the first night we kissed..." he spoke with a hint of nervousness in his voice.

You giggled incredulously and took off your shoes as you walked towards him and took a glass and a kiss. "How did you manage all this?"

"Flew back here the moment you left, Max and Kelly helped so I could set it all up for my little surprise..."

You bit your lip as you watched him. "You're amazing did you know that?" You said as you cuddled him.

He cuddled you back and started swaying you both to the beat of the music as he kissed the top of your head. "So 3 out of 3 done?"