23.

Almost an hour after the podium, you went to George's room. "Excuse me, is this the room for the latest Monaco King?"

He chuckled and stood up from his sofa, blushing. "I believe I saw him leave a minute ago..."

"He better come back, his invitation for the Prince gala tonight has just been confirmed..." you said, waving your phone with the email in front of him. "The physical invite should be here soon: George Russell, plus one."

"Nice!" He said and read the email. "Is a quarter to 8 a good time to pick you up?"

You laughed. "Yeah, because what you need is more PR lessons from me," you looked at him, he had a serious face. "What?"

"I wasn't joking, I want you there with me."

You blushed as if someone just asked you to prom. "Really? You want to take me to that fancy dinner with the princes that's basically in your honour?"

He took your hand. "Of course, if I'm there it's because you held my hand all the way to it..."

You smiled softly at him, moved. "Well, you won't see me for the rest of the afternoon, then."

"Why?"

"I have to get dressed!" You looked at your watch. "And it's already 6 o'clock!" You stood on your tiptoes and thanked him for his invitation with a kiss on the cheek. "I'll see you soon!"

He stood there, dumbfounded again after you left.

"Kelly?" You spoke to the Brazilian model still around the paddock. "I need your help."

"George, I'm at Max's, will wait for you there ☺️"

"Why are you at Max's? Picking you up in 20 then"

"Kelly's helping, there's no way I would've done it on my own! You'll see 🤭"

"😍"

"Don't know why I'm so nervous, maybe I never expected to be at a gala tonight," you giggled.

Kelly smiled. "The good thing is that you have your friend with you there, George is a good man, if he asked you it means he really wants to share this with you..."

"Yeah..." you said and smiled at the thought of George thinking of you as his plus one for such a big moment.

"Crikey, you look stunning..." George said behind you.

You giggled and turned to see him. Max was already in his shorts and sandals beside him, since he opened the door to the other driver. "Thanks G, you look quite nice too..."

He smiled at you and extended his hand. "Ready to go?"

You took it after thanking Kelly and Max for the favour and vowed to have dinner with them soon.

Outside, George had a car waiting for both of you so none would have to drive back.

"Truly you look insanely beautiful..." he said, once travelling towards the gala.

"Thank you again, that tux you have on looks absolutely gorgeous," you smiled at him as you straightened his bow tie.

The ten minutes that took to get to the party, were spent in small conversation and an arrangement to stay out of the press photos together. Only George would pose and greet them. Once inside, the event would become private and that would be it.

"We can do one thing tonight..." you whispered to him as you were entering the venue behind the Prince and the Princess. "Let's throw the stress out and get pissed in there, nobody will know."

He chuckled and looked forward, trying not to laugh but nodded. "I'll fetch the scotch then."

Dinner was delicious and the tribute they held for the winners of the Formula categories was quite nice. You had like three whiskeys and were trying very hard not to turn into a drunk before the real party started and the protocol disappeared.

George came back to the table and spoke lowly to you. "I need them to turn off the lights, I want to take this bloody bow tie off!"

You giggled and placed a hand on his leg. "Heard after this last thing they're starting the real party because the princes leave..."

"The moment they start it, I'm fetching a bottle of champagne for us," he stated. And he did exactly that fifteen minutes later, coming back with a bottle inside a cooler filled with ice. He placed it on the table and took off the bow tie, opening the first two buttons off his white shirt.

"Good god, I hate it how you can sport this semi disheveled look and just... look like that!"

He went closer to you, placing his arm on the back of your chair. "You like it when I wear my shirts like this, don't you?"

You bit your lip to avoid giggling stupidly. "I like shirts on men, sue me," you said, eating a strawberry from the dessert they brought.

"The boys all had shirts on the other night and you didn't tell any of them you hated them like you hate me..." he commented, taking his arm off and having a piece of his dessert too.

You stared at him. "That's because I already told them that."

He looked at you. "You did? To all of them?"

You could see you just hit a nerve and he didn't look happy, so you tried to make him look back at you again, since he turned his head towards the band on stage. You giggled and placed your hand on the lower part of his neck. "When are you dropping this insecurity towards the other boys? Have I not told you enough times you're my favourite?"

He looked down and stared at his hands on his lap. "Yeah, I'm sorry, it's just that..." he started and stopped.

"What? You want me to tell you that you're more than my favourite driver, don't you?" You said with a smirk, finally getting his lips to smile a little. "Then you shall know that you, George Russell, are the sweetest man I know, generous, kind and talented, something the other boys are too but in you they show more, just people fail to see it. And goddammit you're a view! You're not just cute or handsome, you're drop dead gorgeous. All the other drivers have their thing but you? They don't stand a chance!"

He was trying so hard not to smile, but he placed a hand on your leg and then turned to look at you slowly. "Is all of that true?"

You took out your phone from your bag and showed him your wallpaper, still the photo of him bare chested he set days ago. "Not going to lie with this one..."

He finally let out a giggle and sighed, hiding his face in your neck, as he laid his head on your shoulder. Your hand stayed on his neck and his was still on your leg. "You're my constant boost of confidence, did you know that?"

"No, but I'm glad I am such a big part of it..." you said, doing everything in your power to suppress the shiver that threatened to show up every time he would let out a breath. His warmth and his perfume were absolutely intoxicating, not to mention his touch was more than electric.

"And you're beautiful too," he continued. "Not just tonight, which is near breathtaking, but all the time. And the way you put me in place and also put up with my crazy schedules and weird requests, makes you one of the most important people around me, not only for my career..."

You almost let out a tear, but instead turned your head just a little to kiss his forehead. "My pleasure, I would say the same too in regards of that too."

"Fuck we're cheesy," he commented and made you laugh. "We should dance a little."

"Yeah, the music isn't the best though, the band is good, but it's not music to dance to," you looked down at him.

"Maybe we can try and just drink, and if not we can always leave with a bottle!" He tapped the half full bottle still on the cooler.

"Two songs or until we finish this bottle and then we decide, deal?" You proposed.

He nodded once and stood up towards the dance floor, bottle and two glasses in one hand, and you in the other.