PART 15

The 8 year old woke up after getting a splash of ice cold water on his face. He flinched badly, the november cold breeze was coming from the creak of  window whose knob was broken.

The boy looked up in fear only to meet his mom looking beautiful as ever with a red dress and bold crimson lipstick.

She kept her one leg beside Jeongguk. Jeongguk looked at her confused. He then looked at her heels. There was a tiny bit of dust on one her heels. He immediately wiped it with the corner of his wet shirt. She backed away her feet angrily and grabbed the boys hairs.

"YOUU SHITHEADDD...."

The boy was whimpering in fear.

"HOW DARE YOU WET MY HEELS..." She yelled grabbing one of her heels. She raised the heel to hit the boy on his head but someone intrupted her.

"JANGMIIIII.... YOU WILL KILL HIM..." Mr. Jeon yelled horrified. She was about to stab the fragile boy with the tip of her heel.

The lady huffed and went away. Jeongguk was looking at the man who saved him. Haneul gave him a smile. Jeongguk got a rush of warmth running in him. Someone smiled at him..... He was reminding of it and kept smiling forgetting all his pain.

"Jangmi... I will take the boy today after I am done with my mom's funeral." The man said casually.

The lady huffed in sarcasm.

"So she died.... finally....... Take him as soon as you can... I can't bear the risk of people finding out that I am a mother of a kid.... It will be difficult to control him as he is growing up."

Haneul nodded and went upstairs to bring the boy with him. The boy was hiding behind him as his mother was constantly glaring at him.

"Jeonggukah... we will go at my house okay..." The man smiled holding the boys hands and smiled lovingly. Jeongguk got to know that he is going to a better place.

"You want to say something to your mom???"

The 8 year old looked at her mother hesitantly.

"Wh... why... do... you.. hurt..." The boy's stuttering turned into painful scream as his mother put her the pointy heels on the boy's toe.

"Because I hate you.... I hate parasites. You destroyed my body.... You... You destroyed my status.... You filthy parasite... You hid yourself until the day you can't be aborted.... You hideous creature..." She kept talking darkly rotating her heels on the poor boy's toe. Haneul backed her away.

"Jangmii.... That's enough... I am taking him right now."

"Take him out... I don't want to take a risk of being a murderer." The lady spat angrily. Jeongguk looked at her last time with no emotion at all. She was still thinking about herself. How can a mother be so selfish. They say women are more ambitious about their careers.... but what he was seeing was everything but not  ambition.

The man took him to his house. It was not as big as the previous house. It was stinking and totally messed up. Haneul dressed Jeongguk's toe. Jeongguk was smiling all the while. Haneul took the fragile boy to the washroom and removed his shirt, looking at his wounds intensely. Jeongguk felt so exposed under his gaze.

"S...Sir..."

"Yes baby..." The man said huskily.

"I... can wash up by myself..."

The man composed himself and smiled leaving the boy alone in washroom handing his some bright coloured sweater and shorts.

He became 15.... The days were brighter for him now, he satrted going schools, he was happier.... His father loved him so much. But still he couldn't make friends... His father told him not to trust anyone and don't share anythingwith anyone, and who he was to go against his sole saviour.