Abigal's game

"Yes! Finally!" I yelled out. I've finally beaten level 10 of Journey of the Prairie King.

"Abigail, what's going on in there?" My mom asked while slightly opening my door.

"Oh, nothing mom, sorry!" I responded.

"It's ok, just try to stay quiet because your father is sleeping.

I paused my game to get some food. I made a sandwich then went to the store cause I heard a knocking on the door. I saw the farmer staring through the window. It's Wednesday so we're closed, which annoys a few people.

"Hello?" I waved to the farmer.

He just stared for a little bit then left. Strange.

I went back to my game, hoping to beat a few more levels. It gets way more difficult after level ten I found out.

There was a small banging sound on my window. I looked and saw the farmer just standing there.

I jumped out of my seat, surprised.

"What are you doing here?" I asked the farmer.

He looked at me the turned his glance to my tv.

"Your wanting to play the game?" I asked him.

He slightly nodded his head.

Hesitantly I opened the window. He came inside and sat down by the tv. I handed him a controller and resumed the game.

He was actually really good, and here I thought the only thing he could do was farm.

There was knocking on my door, I quickly told the farmer to leave.

"Thank you for helping me." I quietly told him.

"Your welcome." He whispered.

Wait a minute, he can talk? I thought he had laryngitis or something. Maybe he is just shy. He's so mysterious, I'd love to hear more about him.

"I brought you some water darling!" My mom said, knocking on the door.

She set it on the table then looked at me.

"So, who was the special guy?" She asked me.

"Who.. who are you talking about?" I stuttered.

"Oh Abigail, I heard everything."

"It was the farmer."

"Well, I hope you enjoyed your time together."

She smiled then left the room.

My mom was never that strict, my dad on the other hand likes to enforce more rules. He still hasn't noticed me sneaking out to go visit the wizard. My mom knows, she just tells me to not tell dad.