Chapter Seventeen : Long Love Well

OLSON HOME

The next morning, in my bedroom, I'm reclining on my bed, drawing in my sketchbook.

My PalmOne Treo phone buzzes on my nightstand. I gently picks it up and looks at it.

Jonny Zuko

I answer my phone. "Hey, Jonny."

"Hey, Violet. I'm outside in my Camaro car." Jonny said on the phone.

"Okay, I'm on my way." I said, hanging up my phone, and puts my phone in my crossbody purse.

I gets up and walks over to my desk table, putting my sketchbook in my top drawer and closes it.

And walks out of my room, closing the door behind me.

*~*~*

JEN'S MILK-O-SHAKE MALT SHOP DINER

Jonny and I are sitting in a booth table across from each other with our milkshakes and plates of waffles.

"The divorce is being finalized. I already signed my divorce paper. Just need Monica to signed hers, and that's it." Jonny said to me.

"What if Monica doesn't sign her divorce paper?" I asked him.

"She will." Jonny said, and becomes worried. "Or she won't to spite me."

"Maybe, Monica needs to calm down." I said to Jonny.

"Yeah, you're right." Jonny said.

"By the way, Violet, I have a small surprise for you." Jonny said.

"Really?" I said to him.

"Yeah, really." Jonny said.

Jonny and I exchange small smiles at each other.

"We're not even divorced yet, and you're already enjoying Violet's company." Monica said to Jonny.

"Monica, it's not Jonny's fault. You can blame me." I said to Monica.

"I am blaming you, Violet. But our friendship is making it hard for me." Monica said to me. And she looks at Jonny. "And as for you, Jonny Zuko, you finally got the girl."

Jonny and Monica exchange slight tense looks at each other and she walks away.

Jonny and I exchange looks at each other.

"I'm not hungry anymore." I said to Jonny, gently putting my fork on the plate.

"Violet?" Jonny said.

"I'll just get a to-go box." I said, gently folding my arms on the table.

Jonny gently puts his fork on his plate. He and I exchange glum looks at each other.