Chapter 14: Gifts for the Birthday boy

~Daniel's birthday~

"Huh, so four people are planning to ambush Daniel? Why?" I questioned, whispering to him.

They were from burn knuckles so probably to avenge their leader. The page read

"Makes sense, what are you gonna do about it?"

...

"You're gonna beat them up, aren't you?" I deadpanned

*Nods*

"Of course, while you do that, I'm gonna give him my present." 

What's your present?

"Eh, something cute things that he would like, I guess. How about you?"

Clothes

"Cool, how many?"

It's a lot 

"Want me to help you, if possible?"

No need, just worry about your present :)

"Ah okay, how do you know all this information anyways?"

They happened to be meeting in the place where I usually smoke

"You smoke?" I asked, surprised by this fact.

Yeah

"Oh okay," his face held a puzzled look as he tilted his head.

You're not mad? 

"Eh, It's your choice, if you wanna smoke, smoke." I shrugged. 

Huh, people would usually scold me if they saw me doing that.

"People have opinions on smoking, to each of their own."

What's your opinion?

"(I don't mind it but I'm not for it/ I smoke too, I honestly don't care/ I'm against it but don't bother others just because they smoke)" I stated.

I see He looked deep in thought.

"After school, let's give the gifts to him"

*Nods*

I turned my attention towards the board, seeing that the teacher surprisingly didn't notice me Jay conversing.

~Time skip~

I stretched out my limbs tiredly, letting out a sigh of relief that school was over. I packed my stuff, careful to not crush my gift for Daniel. I walked out of school with Jay as I saw Daniel in the distance.

"Jay, where's your gift?"

At home, it's not too far from here so I have time to give it to him

"Alright, see ya later" I bid him goodbye as I started to jog after Daniel.

"Yo Daniel" I called out to him, grabbing his attention and turning towards my direction.

"Oh! Y/N! Do you need anything?"

"I wanna walk to where you live!" I fibbed, and he started to visibly sweat a bit.

"O-Oh? Um, sure!" he chuckled nervously making me raise an eyebrow but didn't comment on it. We both went down the road where his house was, huh, so he must live in one of the poorer neighbourhoods. 

"Hey Daniel, I heard that it was your birthday today" I started, making small talk.

"Eh? How do you know?" Daniel questioned me in surprise.