Chapter 2: Befriending a cute guy

Y/N's POV

I watched as the whole ordeal went, why the hell is the teacher not stopping them? (Lookism logic) Soon enough, it was time for class. I curiously peered at my desk mate who seemed to be staring at Daniel. What a strange-looking dude but I wanted to be his friend, I ripped a page out of my book quietly and wrote something on it. I folded it and slid it towards him, taking him by surprise. He looked over at me questioningly, I gestured him to open it.

Hello :) the note said, he looked at me and tilted his head a little out of confusion. I gesture to him to write on the note. He nodded and wrote something on the note before sliding it back to me.

Hi

I've noticed that you've been staring at Daniel for some time. Jay flushed out of embarrassment as he read the note making me smile a bit at his reaction. What a cute expression he has.

Is it that noticeable...?

Well, yes but no one else knew since they were busy gaping at Daniel but I want to be friends with you!

Why?

Why not? I smiled cheekily at him, making him smile a little.

Alright, but at least tell me your name I pumped my fist a little for my small victory. The sound of the bell rang throughout the school, notifying all the students and teachers it was time for a break. I hurriedly packed my notebooks into my bag and waited for my new friend.

"The name's Y/N L/N, and you?" I offered him a handshake. He fished out his phone from his pocket and typed something on it before showing it to me.

My name is Jay Hong :)

"Alright Jay, would you like to get lunch with me, then?" I questioned the male, he nodded and went with me to the cafeteria. When we arrived there, there was already a long line of students waiting to get their share of food. To make things worse, everyone was too busy ogling at a specific transfer that was getting his food. I groaned, getting a feeling that this was gonna take forever. I turn towards Jay.

"Hey, Jay? Do you have your own lunch?"

*Nods*

"Oh good! You can just go and eat while I wait in the line"

*Shakes head*

"What? Why not?"

"...."

"You don't have to wait with me in the line! I'm alright, you can just go get a table for us!"

*Shakes his head again*

"No no, I insist! You don't have to share your lunch with me!"

*Stare* 

He suddenly grabbed me by the wrist, not too hard for it to hurt but enough for me to be unable to escape his grip. He then guided me towards a random table and took an oddly large lunch box and opened it revealing a variety of food. I did not question where he got the lunch box.

 I did not question where he got the lunch box

If you don't eat meat or prefer vegetables:

(Just imagine the second picture has a lot more variety of vegetables for you)

I felt my mouth begin to water a little as my nose was filled with different aromas. The food looks really delicious, I prayed to whoever sent me this angel that grace me with delicious food and save me from whatever food was offered at the cafeteria. I snapped out of my daze seeing that Jay offered me some utensils/chopsticks for me, I gave him a thankful look before grabbing them from his grasp.

"But what about you?" I asked, I was ready to give him back the utensils/chopsticks until he pulled some spare of his own. 

"Oh, so you got a spare?" he nodded and dug into the food, I felt my stomach grumble in hunger so I followed the suit. As we eat, I began to initiate a conversation with him.

"Hey, Jay?" he looked at me questioningly.

"I'm just wondering if you don't mind, are you mute or are you selectively mute? You don't have to answer it." He pondered a little, at least I think he was. When he was about to answer, the bell rang. I helped Jay pack his lunch and walked with him to class.