Chapter 3: Lies and deceit

I chatted with Jay a little as we go to our seats, and I learned that he was pretty rich which was a little obvious due to the rings on his fingers and his lunchbox. I also talked about myself so he knows some things about me too. I put on my earbuds/headphones and began to play music, drowning out any other noise. I began to space out a little as made-up little scenarios in my head about (a fictional character you like). 

I had my head up in the clouds until a loud outburst snapped me out of it, scaring the fuck out of me. Although I had music blaring through my ears, that shout was louder than the music. I took off my earphones/headphones, naturally curious about what was going on. I turned my head towards Jay as if he read my mind, and he shrugged. I turned back to see that it was the girl that was with Daniel, who looked quite startled by this sudden outburst. Murmurs arise from this event.

"What the?" one commented

"Are they fighting?" another student questioned, I don't know about that.

"Is that skank getting told off?"

"Hilarious"

"Haha"

"Embarrassing, hehe"

I watch as the scene unfolds before me, feeling sorry for both Daniel and Zoe as both of them looked pretty startled. I then saw Zoe's terrified face into one of admiration, I sweat dropped at her reaction. What the heck is that look for? 

I shook my head slightly before reverting to ignoring the events in front of me. The door to the classroom slid open, revealing our teacher. Students scrambled back to their seats, I took out my earphone/headphones before diverting my full attention to the teacher.

~Timeskip towards the end of school~

I stretched my arms, hearing a few pops from my spine before packing up my stuff. The warm orange sunlight fazed through the glass windows as everyone began to rush out of the classroom, eager to get out of school. I offered to walk Jay to the school gates, he agreed to it as we took a walk towards the gates. It was short and not a word was exchanged until we bid our goodbyes.

I watched as Jay went his own way and so did I. I felt myself crave a little snack so I decided to go to the nearest convenience store. Luckily, there was as I was on my way home so I entered inside. A small 'welcome' of a chubby young man greeted me as soon as I entered the store, I nodded at him in acknowledgement before searching for anything that would catch my interest. 

Huh... as expected they don't have (your favourite snack) but maybe I should try (food you want to try), it seems interesting. I grabbed the product, about to approach the cashier but soon found another snack that you could try. 

3rd perspective

As Y/N was busy getting some snacks, the bell above the door made a small ringing sound that alerted Daniel. He turned to greet the customers but paled as soon as he realized it was some of his classmates from school. His classmates were quite odd looking, if he wasn't classmates with them he would've mistaken them for grown men. He started to tremble a little nervously as one of them approached, one of them had that haircut that Elvis Presley had.

"Give me four packs of M#rlboro lights," The Elvis Presley dude asked- no, demanded.

'Heh? Wussy part-timer, hehe' He thought to himself as he glared down at the shorter male.

Daniel proceeded to do a standard procedure to check if the customer was old enough to get cigarettes. The other two, who came with Elvis,  just stood behind him awkwardly as they whispered to each other.

"Hey, why are we dressed like this?" Lackey #1 whispered.

"We should look old enough to get smokes..!" Lackey #2 responded

Y/N turned their head towards the commotion, seeing that it was their classmates that dressed like a bunch of middle-aged men. Y/N raised an eyebrow at them before shaking their head in disbelief and disappointment. They decided to observe what was going on a little more before interfering with the matter. 

A boy about Y/N's age barged into the store, shouting at (what Y/N presumed to be his lackeys), he suddenly paused and stared at the cashier and smirked.

"Who do we have here?" the boy, Zack, said cockily. Y/N saw that the cashier was trembling in his spot. Zack turned towards his little parade "Hey. We're good here." His lackeys looked back at him questioningly.

"Get a bunch of booze too, hehe," Zack said, smirking down at Daniel. His mind began to come up with twisted things he could do. His thoughts were interrupted by someone calling out to him.

"Hey" Y/N called out, grabbing Zack's and his goons' attention. He turned towards the person that interrupted with a scowl.

"What" he spat towards the figure, not recognizing that Y/N was his classmate.

"I believe that buying alcohol when you're not up to age is quite illegal," Y/N said, putting a hand on their hip.

"So? What are you going to do? Tattle to the police?" Zack mocked

"Well as you're well aware that there are security camera's in the store right? You can be fined for attempting to buy alcohol." Y/N stated, their eyes boring into Zack, making him clench his fist.

"Oh, he won't tell, I'll make sure, and I'll make sure you won't too" he glared at Y/N.

"Oh, I won't tell but are you sure that's what Mira would've wanted to see?" Y/N smirked as Zack glared at them harder to the point that he looked like he wanted to shit.

"How the hell do you know Mira?! I didn't see you in my class" He began to raise his voice.

"Well, I met her and quite frankly, she seems like she dislikes that you would pick fights" Y/N fibbed, if Y/N knows what they were best at, it was spewing nonsense out of their mouth.

"Tch, and? She isn't here" he stated

"Oh but what if I sent this video to her then?" Y/N held up my phone, showing him that they recorded him.

"You wouldn't dare" he seethed

"Oh but I would" Y/N smiled slyly

"Not unless I get it first" He lunged towards them with boiling as he attempts to punch Y/N and get the phone but Y/N was quite good at dodging so they avoid his fists. This surprised Zack and his goons. This riled Zack even more as he began to release a series of punches towards Y/N but none of them landed.

Y/N waited and dodged his punches until Zack grew tired as his punches grew sloppier than the previous ones. Y/N planned to wear him down until he was too tired to punch anymore.

"How... the hell do you dodge every one... of my punches?" he panted tiredly, Zack's goons were confused, they had never seen someone dodge Zack's punches.

"I just have good reflexes" Y/N smiled innocently before striking at Zack's jawline with their palm, inflicting a good amount of damage on him.

"Fuck..." he groaned, feeling the pain spreading through his jaw, as his goons helped him up and hurried him and themselves out of the store. Y/N turned towards the cashier, who was looking up at them with awe and admiration.

"H-how did you do that?" his eyes sparkled with admiration.

"Eh, it was nothing, I just know that the palm inflicts more damage than a fist" They winked, before placing the items that they were gonna buy. Daniel felt happy and relieved that someone saved him from getting beat up. He wished that he had the type of confidence that Y/N had to stand up to Zack.

"Thank you for saving me" He bowed making Y/N's ego inflate in size.

"No worries, thanks for the discount!" They replied, bidding him goodbye before leaving. Daniel thought that Y/N is nice and would try to befriend them at school. He was glad that Zack and his goons left.

At least, he thought they did.