Chapter 4: Fight Fight Fight

3rd perspective

The sun filtered through the blinds of Y/N's room, making little rays of sunlight tickle their face, making them stir in their sleep. The distant chips of the early birds made an indication that it was currently morning. Realizing that they can't go back to sleep, they groaned and begrudgingly got up from the comfort of their bed. Y/N stretch their limbs out, blinking a few times to adjust to the brightness in their room. 

They sighed, got up and decided to check the time, 7:23 am, still have time to get myself prepared. Y/N started to do their usual morning routine before making some breakfast,  prepared themself their favourite breakfast food and ate it, savouring the taste and texture in their mouth. They soon washed the dishes and began to prepare me for school. They slipped on my uniform and headed towards the school.

As I was halfway to the school, Y/N noticed someone in the distance, waving. They squinted their eyes at them, trying to make out the figure in the distance. 

It was Daniel.

Y/N looked behind them, seeing that there was no one else that he could be waving at. They grinned as they waved back at him in a relaxed manner. This made Daniel light up slightly and rushed towards Y/N with a smile. As soon as he was near them, he walked beside them to watch their pace.

"Hey Y/N!" Daniel smiled, he was a little happier to see them than usual.

"Hey, you look happy" Y/N pointed out

"Oh, I just heard from a friend of mine that you defended him from Zach and his friends" he grinned sweetly at them, temporarily blinding Y/N due to his bright smile. Although they came back later after Y/N left, he was still touched by Y/N's actions. It was rare for someone to defend him.

"Eh? It's not much of a big deal" Y/N said, rubbing the back of their neck sheepishly.

"to you but it means so much for m- him" Y/N raised their eyebrow at the sudden change of words but brushed it off, but still felt a lingering suspicion

"Tell your friend it's alright" They both chatted all the way to school.

"Well Y/N, this is a little awkward to say this but... would you like to become friends with me" Daniel grinned shyly at Y/N.

"Sure, I don't mind, can I get your number too?" Y/N smoothly asked making Daniel nod and input his number in their phone. They were in front of the door of their classroom, Daniel opened the door for Y/N. They commented on how much of a gentleman he is making Daniel flush a little.

When they got in, there was laughter from a certain group of people that Daniel despised. As soon as Daniel realized why they were laughing, his mood did a 180. He clenched his fist and his face darkened making Y/N question the male. Daniel turned to face Y/N and smiled, saying it was nothing and aid that we should go to our seats. Y/N nodded, still concerned about Daniel but shrugged it off before taking their seat next to Jay.

"Morning, Jay" Y/N greeted, Jay nodded and shot Y/N a small smile making them return his smile back.

Y/N was about to converse with Jay when they heard the sound of something slammed against an object. Y/N snapped their head towards the sound, seeing that a table was knocked against another. Jay looked at whoever was the cause of this, which was unsurprisingly, Zack.

"Hey," Zack paused "You're fucking funny, you know that?" He glared at Daniel

"Get up, you fucking worm." This commotion caused a lot of arising murmurs from the students. Suddenly, a lot of people appeared in front of the classroom door, somehow.

"Where did all these people come from?" Y/N questioned, confused about how quickly people came for the tea.

As Zack was about to punch Daniel, Jay, who surprisingly was quick to get from one spot to another, stopped before he could throw hands. Y/N got up from their seat, seeing if they needed to interfere a little. Zack, who was increasingly surprised yet pissed at Jay's actions, shoved him off and resumed throwing a punch at Daniel who dodged it, making Zack's eyes widen along with everyone in the room except for Jay and Y/N.