Chapter Six | 06

Our lips connect, the world before my eyes wipes out, and nothing else matters at the moment.

Fireworks do their sparkling dance in my peripheral vision and the notion of time fades away like a dying wish, plunging into a never-ending well.

Each passing second makes our lips press deeply into each other, just touching like a feathered kiss, not even passionately, but voluntarily.

I shouldn't enjoy the closeness between us, yet I'm desperate and longing to move my lips against his, taking in the sweet sandalwood scent of his hastened breath upon my face.

Why does this stranger keep his lips locked with mine for such a long time?

I'm not complaining or ruling out the possibility of giving into temptation and enjoying the moment, but it has gotten awkward between us as we stay glued in the scandalous position we are currently sporting.

The sight of both of us will make big gossip for the local newspapers, earning them quick money as they bring the domineering Graham family to shame with an exaggerated article.

I won't give them the satisfaction of ruining life for me, even though it's technically already ruined by my uncle's abusive sexual urges.

The stranger's right-hand rubs my thigh, taking me out of my trance.

"Let go of me!" I yell at the top of my lungs and push his wrist, but his muscular body doesn't budge.

If he didn't have the stamina of a horse, he should have been curbing helplessly on the floor from lack of balance.

I hit his chest. "Why would you take advantage of a lady?"

His baritone is a very deep rumble, slightly off the pitch as he looks me dead in the eyes. "If I hadn't intervened, you might as well have been a corpse."

"It's not funny. Anyways, who still talks like that?" I hiss, rolling my eyes at him with an offensive sigh that seems to desperately rattle out of my mouth without any warning."You shouldn't touch a woman without her consent. Why are you still holding onto me?"

He lets go of my waist, staring furiously while I gasp for air and throw my arms in the dusty air to get back my balance which doesn't work.

"Catch me!" I don't recognize the desperation in my petite voice, it's almost foreign and cringe-worthy.

If I wasn't rocketing to the floor, I would have thrown up in full swing.

I stumble on pebbles, my buttocks anticipate the embarrassing contact with the ground, and get ready to live through the pain of the impact as some dude's eyes scrutinize me, but the stranger renders me speechless by hooking an arm around my waist, effortlessly hurling me to my feet.

"Don't let go," I mumble close to his ears as he supports my weight with his body.

He's surely smirking.

I hate to admit defeat. "Not like to say..."

I'm a stuttering mess at his mercy. "Just be a good guy and let's put everything behind us. That's if you wish to settle our little dispute. It's fine by me."

He has gotten rid of the hostility on his knotted brows, eyeing the hesitation on my face, and keeps a protective hand pressed to my lower back.

"Should I let go?"

His tongue skillfully rolls as a way of mockery and pokes his cheeks, but there's no hint of a smile.

"Let me see," he plays with his lips. "You are clueless about what you want. How'd you know?"

A Perfect Virginजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें