New begins

"So how was the interview?" Brenda asked her as she tried on another dress.
Kelly and Donna were waiting outside. The days of long chatter were back. Confidences about their own worlds.
"It's this afternoon at 3 pm"
"It's a great opportunity," Donna exclaimed.
"Yes," Kelly said softly.
Brenda felt the tone and appeared from the dressing room.
"What do you think of this?"
She was wearing a long black strapless dress that fully satisfied Kelly but less Donna.
"I don't know" said Donna "you should be at least 1 meter and 80 tall to put on such a dress"
"Thank you so much Donna," Brenda smiled, looking in the mirror. Brenda took a look at Kelly "Kel, can you tell me what the problem is? Isn't that what you wanted?"
"Yes," she said, "but it seems to me that this thing is going to cost too much sacrifice, to the children, to Brandon, what if he'll not survive? And if this absence of mine brought problems. You know Brandon, you know how much he cares about his job."
"Excuse me" Donna said "but wasn't he the one who proposed it to you?"
"Yes, but I wouldn't want him to do it because he saw me sad and always angry"
"Or maybe because he really wants you to be fulfilled in your work," Brenda replied with a stern look "it's just a summer, you certainly don't leave for a war."
Kelly didn't answer the question directly and tried to divert the speech "What about you?"
"what about me?"
"How did it go in Thailand?"
"Very good," Brenda smiled, "it was an amazing trip, I was afraid that Dylan wouldn't want children, but it was a fear that I had myself in my head, he just wants it not to become an obsession. I also have an important appointment this afternoon. I'm going to Andrea's. She will introduce me to a specialist."
"Then today is the afternoon of big meetings."
"Yeah," Brenda replied cheerfully.
"What about the Peach? What's new?" Kelly asked.
Brenda shook her head staring the bust of her dress.
"No," said Brenda, " and Dylan doesn't want to play the part of the Bad guy but he can't handle it and he can't close it. He is really in a cage."
"I think that place worked because Nat was there. I don't know if it would work with someone else," sighed Donna melancholy.
Brenda went out in a shorter silver dress.
'This one?'
"Wow perfect," Donna said, approving it in full.
"Well" Brenda smiled "I think you're right, that place worked because of Nat but we can't give up like that, it's not fair, it would be like letting him go"
That sentence saddened the girls.
They hugged.
"I'll take this," Brenda said, tinkering with the silver dress.
"I'll come by later to bring you Sammy and Grace," Kelly warned her, "Brandon promised to come back as soon as possible," Kelly rolled her eyes in the air, "but I still think I'll finish pretty soon too."
"No problem," Brenda replied, "I love spending time with them and Dylan too."
Brandon's office
"If I can, Brandon," Betty said, "I didn't think you were able to give up work for the family"
"This mistrust of yours, Betty, doesn't comfort me," Brandon replied ironically.
Betty laughed "I mean, I see how much passion you puts into your work and the fact that you takes an breake to make your wife easier, it's nice, I find it sweet."
Brandon did notice that Betty had called Kelly "his wife". In fact he considered her as such, only something was missing to certify what in fact they were already.
He hadn't talked about wedding with Kelly since he had moved to Walsh's house. It was as if the idea of being in that house had directly turned them into the new version of the Walshs.
"Thank you Betty," Brandon replied, "believe me, it's not an easy decision for me, by now you know me, sometimes you have to make choices. Making decisions. Kelly did it for me years ago, now I think I'm returning what she gave to me."
"I get it," Betty nodded, "only it's such a special moment. Down to the warehouse they sent several people away.
"Oh" said Brandon
"And if I have to say it all there are some rumors that Claudia Galwing has very good relations with the the board."
"And what else is it going on?"
"Not Much, that's all"
Brandon took on a worried air 'however I'll miss you Sir '
Brandon approached her ear "you'll still have to work for me Betty, let me know all the movements in here, I don't trust these sharks. Especially Claudia."
"Miss Galwing?"
"Yeah" he sighed "she has the same chances as me but she has no children and can work 24 hours a day and then I see her too close to the bosses and if she gives a bad air warn me immediately. Maybe you're right," began to be worried, "it's not the best time to leave."
"like you said, Brandon, at some point you have to make a choice. It's a matter of priority. "
"Yeah," sighed Brandon, "I spent years around the world, homeless and aimless, I walked thousands of kilometers just to see how lonely I was."
"In difficult times that's exactly what you'll have to remember," Betty said as she stared some folders.
Brandon made that advice a small gift. He closed the briefcase and greeted everyone. When he got out of the building he sighed. A light wind stroked his face. He called a taxi with one hand and took it on the fly. It was time to go home.
Grace slept in Brenda and Dylan's bed and she looked at her with extreme sweetness. Brenda watched those long eyelashes that hid her brother's blue eyes in her sleep. That commonality and closeness that she had immediately seen. She was a Walsh. She observed the margins. She listened to her breath. She was hungry for Grace's presence.
That afternoon she had been at Andrea's, with Dylan. She had repeated tests and exams. Other doctors had been advised. It's all right, she told her. But she felt something was wrong.
"Difficult doesn't mean Impossible,Brenda" Andrea said
For a moment she was afraid that she would never have the fate of such a great and unconditional love. Yet she felt overflowing.
Dylan looked out at that moment.
"Bren, your brother has arrived"
Brenda didn't turn around, she replied that she would arrive right away and seemed really convincing in the tone of her voice so much so that Dylan left almost immediately.
"Hei," Brandon greeted her as soon as he glimpsed her.
Her two favourite men in the world were in the kitchen with Sammy making cheese sandwiches.
"Do you want one aunt Brenda?"
"No," she smiled, "I don't even know how you eat that stuff."
"Why?" Sammy asked "it's delicious"
"Yeah," Dylan replied.
Brenda watched Dylan and his son for a few seconds and the crack of something very far away made her feel a pang that she immediately tried to bury.
"Do you want coffee then?" Dylan asked gently.
Brenda nodded.
"What's new about Kelly?"
"It looks like the interview went great. They have already organized two conferences for her. It almost seems like they didn't expect a no as an answer. They've already entrusted her with a room and a new course to organize," Brandon replied, "I think he is going to be late."
"What about you?" His sister asked him "are you sure what you're doing?"
Brandon stopped for a moment and rested the knife handling on the work table "why you are all convinced that I can't do it."
"That's not, you know," Dylan replied, " but we know how much you care about your job and you'll have to take care of Grace full-time and Sammy with my help."
"It's only for a few months"
Grace was heard crying. The little girl had woken up.
"I'm going," Brandon said, heading out of the kitchen to get to the bedroom.
Brenda watched her brother with his daughter in his arms and then Dylan busy stuffing sandwiches with Sammy.
She heard the crackling of something approaching. It was unknown and dangerous. She smelled the brackish smell.
She suddenly got up "I have to go and get ready for the evening," she said and slipped to the room.
Dylan looked at her worried.
"Are she all right?" Brandon asked looking at his friend.
"Yes," he replied, bringing his mind back to reality. All good.
That evening Kelly came back home when the children were already asleep. She found Brandon in bed writing on his laptop.
"Hei," she said, taking off her shoes and lying down dressed next to him.
She kissed him gently and rested her head on his shoulder.
"I guess it was a great day"
"Do you want the truth?" Kelly asked.
"I always want the truth"
"It was wonderful, I didn't even eat. I was overwhelmed by handshakes, congratulations. Tomorrow I start my course and on Friday I'm going to San Francisco for a conference"
"Wow, it's a big starting"
"Yeah," she sighed, "I'm just sorry I couldn't see and greet the children awake"
"Don't worry," Brandon replied, "tomorrow morning you'll have all the time."
Kelly smiled at him and kissed him more deeply.
"Thank you," she said, "If it hadn't been for you, from the writing of the book onwards."
"If you're happy, I am too," he replied, putting an arm around her shoulder and letting her lay better with her head.
"Do you want me to make you something to eat while you go to the shower?"
"Would you do that?"
"Of course," he said.
"You deserve a reward," she smiled.
"Yes, I think so too" they kissed deeply and she stuck her hand under the sheets"
Brandon moaned of pleasure under her intimate touch and mouvment Which, in the beginning, was dedicated only to his enjoyment.
Brandon took off the kiss.
"Before I forget. In a few weeks Sammy will have the school closing party, I've already told Dylan"
"I'll be there," Kelly replied, resuming the most intense kiss"I promise, now can i go on?" She said continuing to move her hand on him under the sheets.
Brandon discovered his body by removing the sheets "of course" Brandon smiled.

To be continued