Another truth

Around five o'clock Dylan went to get an enthusiastic Sammy. He didn't seem to keep any memory of what had happened. No trauma from separating from them. Dylan often watched him. He followed his profile. The movements. Sammy didn't betray anything worrying. The worrying ones were them.
"Basket!" He ran out to slip into his father's Porsche.
"Stay with him all the time, don't walk away," Kelly recommended.
"Kel, enough of this story, you have to let it go. Stop thinking about it. "
"Maybe you're used to this kind of thing, but not me, I don't want you to get away from there, otherwise look let's forget, I'll accompany him," she said, grabbing the bag nervously.
Dylan stopped her by an arm "You have to calm down"
Kel sighed lucidly and disarmed all defenses. He gave up the grip on the bag "you're right, sorry. I don't know..."
"Kel, you have to let go. Do you think I don't feel guilty about what happened? Towards Sammy, towards you? Help me get out of it. Put it in some drawers. Wherever you want but out of your reach. Living with fear can only crush you. Even prevent you from breathing."
Kel leaned against the wall "you're right" she gave up "only I'm not good at these things. It takes me a little longer than the others"
Dylan got closer to her and hugged her comfortingly "I know," he said.
At that moment Dylan saw a copy of the Chronical on the entrance table.
"Did you see what Brandon did?"
Kel turned her eyes on the newspaper " yes extraordinary. I didn't even call him to congratulate.
"Why?"
"I don't know. I think he's busy. We haven't get in touch since you two came back."
"Kelly.."
"I Know, I'm unbearable these days."
Dylan smiled and sat on the steps next to her "you're not that terrible." He gave birth to half a smile on Kelly's face.
"Brenda goes back to London," Dylan said.
Kelly looked up at him.
"I stay here with Sammy "
"Really?"
"Yes."
"Are you sure?"
"Kel please" Dylan pulled up annoyed "I'm sure. I want stay here with Sammy."
"Dylan. You can't stand the routine"
"I'll get over it"
"I don't want you to give up on yourself"
A moment of silence followed. Split between the two. They looked at each other. They didn't say anything and Dylan turned his heels going up fast in the car.
When Kel returned home the copy of the Chronical was still open on director Walsh's editorial.
SHe smiled, as she would smile at him. To Brandon. SHe thought in mind the words he would say to him. SHe picked up the phone but couldn't formulate thoughts in line.
Her spoken life had been reduced to nothing. Annihilated to the idea that Brandon will leave too.
There was no chance.
Maybe that was the right thing. Let him go. She said to herself, telling herself another truth.