BC36: Animal Instincts (Black Sun & Co.)-3

Start from the beginning

"Not really the Mind grimm, I would think," Winter said. "Not only that, at least. Something else must be involved."

"Well, remember how you thought it was magic?" Weiss said. "Turns out Victoria's creepy science is just as bad as magic. I think I see why Shine and Waly never liked it. Anyway, Theo is going to try to get one of those things on the black market so he can find out who's selling them, Vic might be able to do it, she's pretty well known here. We'll let you know when we know anything. It's actually good you called, they were going to let you know anyway...hey Winter, you aren't in your office? What's going on."

Well, now that they had her attention, Winter cleared her throat. "We had news of a happier tenor to give you."

"Oh?" Weiss seemed to take in who was there. "Are Oscar and Ruby getting together?"

"What?" Ruby turned beet red.

While it was really common knowledge that they had a 'thing' as Yang called it, they still didn't call it dating, and in fact, Oscar was cautioned to avoid that until he graduated, just for the sake of propriety.

And he and Ruby both acted like they had no idea what anyone meant when it was brought up.

"It's not anything to do with us," Oscar said hastily, hoping to brush it off.

"No, it's me," Winter thankfully came to his rescue. "I have some exciting news."

"Oh..." Weiss' eyes got huge. "Gon tell me, you're pregnant!"

"How did you guess that?" Qrow asked

"Duh, what else could it be, you're both here," Weiss squealed. "Oh my gosh, I'm going to be an aunt!"

"Why does she get to be an aunt?" Ruby said.

"Because, Ruby, she's already an aunt," Tai sounded tired of explaining this.

"Is that Aunt Weiss?" Caiden looked up. "Hey, Weiss, look at this," he launched a cookie toward the scroll.

"Ah, what is that!?" Weiss jumped.

"He's experimenting with catapults," Ruby said.

"Just like you do with glyphs," Caiden was a big Weiss fan...the feeling was not exactly mutual, though she liked him just fine, she didn't seem to recognize his efforts to impress her by causing chaos while he was around.

"When?" Weiss got back on subject.

"Autumn, some time," Winter said.

"Just like Pyrrha and Nora," Weiss said. "This is so exciting! I can't wait. Wait, will it be a boy or girl?"

"We don't know yet," Winter said. "Too soon."

"If it's a girl, that would be so great," Weiss said. "I could teach her tsuf...if it's a boy, Whitley will be insufferable about it. But I guess that's okay too. Oh wow..."

"What's the word?" Meridian, covered in dust, and not the magic kind, came up to the scroll.

"My sister is going to have a baby," Weiss said.

"Oh really? Qrow, you dog," Meridian said. "And you never said a word before? I get to be an uncle."

"You have to make it legal first, deadshot," Qrow said. 

"I'm sure the wedding is before your due date," Meridian could be as blunt about this as anyone else in his kingdom. No euphemisms for them. "So I have plenty of time."

"Oh but you can still come right?" Weiss said.

"As long as it's before a certain time, I think so," Winter said. "But probably I can't use Raven's portals, Shine warned us about that. Though Raven tells me that she did with Yang and nothing seemed to happen."