24. Smoking Kills

Start from the beginning

Madara pointed to the folder, "I want this dealt with. The sooner, the better."

~~~

The folder consisted of ten names, Kisame would target five, Y/N would target the other five. They sat together in the room for hours after Madara left. It was a building completely rented out for their use.

"An entire building is a little excessive," Kisame sighed, leaning back from the table he and Y/N had been hunched over.

"It's pretty much always been abandoned," she said, "When I was little, I used to think it was haunted. I remember walking by one day and saw a figure standing in the window but when I looked to the doors, they were all boarded up."

"And your brain said 'ghost' rather than the fact that this place was probably used as a druggie hideout?" Kisame asked, laughing.

"Hey man, you laugh now, but this building has always had weird rumors attached to it," she said, "I think we're done here, don't you?"

"Yeah, burn it," Kisame held the folder out to her.

She took the folder and lit it on fire before tossing it in a metal waste bin. She grabbed her bag, swinging it over her shoulders and made her way towards the door.

"Hey, Y/N?" Kisame called behind her.

She turned around, meeting his gaze. He froze briefly, recalling the infamous scar he had seen carved into her back during their training with Milana. It was Nuibari's trademark stitch pattern. He would take a knife and create lines of what looked like stitch marks into his victims.

"I left the Seven Swords when we were directed to target the Root," he spoke quickly and pained, "I had other reasons... I tried to convince the others but they were too... brainwashed, you know?"

"Why are you telling me this?"

"I..." Kisame raised his arm, clenched his fist and tapped his knuckles on the desk, "I respect you. I... don't want to be associated with the men responsible for..."

Y/N only nodded, she broke the eye contact he had made with her and turned to continue out of the building. Her stomach twisted and churned, the old smell of the building wasn't helping.

~~~

She walked down the sidewalk, on her way to meet Obito in the spot he had dropped her off. The sun had long since been down and the streets were devoid of any other people. It began to rain lightly. She smiled behind her mask, he loved the rain and couldn't wait to be in Obito's arms. There was something so appealing about having sex in this type of weather. She felt her stomach melt at the idea and a heat grew between her legs.

She only had a few more blocks to go when a hand grabbed her from behind. She was restrained and dragged into an alleyway and down a flight of stairs and through the doorway of a building. Her captor threw her into a low chair, handcuffing her to a desk.

"Y/N, we meet at last," a man's deep voice came from the other room, "Please forgive such a rude intrusion on your walk."

"Who the hell are –" her eyes went wide when she realized the voice belonged to Shikaku Nara. The man who had cuffed her to the seat was none other than Inoichi Yamanaka. Behind Shikaku stood Chocho Akimichi.

"You're a hard one to track down," Inoichi leaned against the wall.

She didn't struggle, they weren't attacking. Yet.

"Y/N," Shikaku's voice was raspy and harsh, "What is Madara plotting?"

"I don't know what you're talking about."