Reputation

Story info: Y/N had been in the spotlight for years. Rising to fame quickly from a young age, finding talent in her storytelling through her music. But with her long list of ex-lovers, the media was getting a kick out of it. Constantly making false rumors and coming out with crazy allegations. Every move Y/N made was ridiculed harshly. Sick of the constant lies and the #Y/Nisoverparty trending, Y/N went into hiding for a full year. The only ones seeing her were two of her very close friends Lucy and Phoebe. During the time away from the spotlight, she's introduced to Julien, falling head over heels for her.

Authors note: This was a really fun chapter to write. Also, it is quite long, so enjoy <3
______

Creating music and touring was extremely important to you. Getting to interact with your fans and having them tell you your music saved them, always held a special place in your heart. But as you progressed in your songwriting abilities, the critics became more and more intense.

Y/N is out with a new person. Could this be another lover?

All Y/N writes about is her breakups.

Y/N is so fucking fake.

Although you didn't want to admit to it, the critics tore you down constantly. Being in the spotlight was hard. You knew you couldn't please everyone, but the hate was hard to deal with. There were some "fans" that tried to break into your homes several times. Living life in constant fear was exhausting. Every time you left home; you were constantly looking over your shoulder. The fear of someone coming up from behind you and trying to grab you terrified you.

When the media and the critics started to become too much, you fell into a downward spiral. Not eating enough, getting very little sleep, and drinking way too much almost every day. Your parents, close friends, and manager were all worried for you. Not only physically, but emotionally. You had an extensive meeting with them which ended in them telling you that it was best to stay quiet for a while. Let the hate calm down and take care of yourself.

The first couple of weeks were rough. Constantly checking social media to see what they had to say about you. Every comment you read made you more and more anxious.

Typically, you were able to come up with music ideas constantly, but you fell into a funk. Struggling to put into words how you felt.

"Y/N you're coming with us tonight. You need to let loose for a night." Phoebe said to you one night.

You were staring out the window of your NYC penthouse. Life felt depressing and all you wanted to do was sleep all day.

"I agree with Phoebe." Lucy said, coming into the living room from the kitchen.

You sighed, turning your attention to them.

"Guys, I don't want to go out."

Lucy and Phoebe both looked at each other before both looking at you.

"You're going." They said in unison.

You knew they weren't going to let you stay here and mope.

"Fine. I'll go."

Both Phoebe and Lucy practically pushed you toward your room to change. Phoebe opened your closet throwing clothes at you before leaving to let you change.

The outfit consisted of a short black skirt and a corset top. You hadn't dressed up in a while, so wearing something other than sweatpants felt nice. You put on your signature red lip and drew your eyeliner somehow perfectly the first time.

Maybe getting out of the house wasn't going to be so bad.

When you opened your bedroom door, both Lucy's and Phoebe's jaws dropped.