Rough Day

You could barely keep it together as you dug through your bag for your apartment key. Work had been long and stressful, and all you wanted to do was cry. Opening the door, you were greeted by your dog Charlie. He barked happily, jumping on your legs for attention.

"Just give me a minute boy." You told him as you closed the door and dropped your bag at the entrance.

The apartment was quiet as your girlfriend Julien was busy recording in the studio. She had texted you earlier that she would be home around 6. Whoever got home first was typically the one to cook dinner but the thought of having to do another task felt impossible.

You made your way down the short hallway to the bedroom, closing the door so you could be alone. You made your way over to your bed and crawled under the covers of the unmade bed, not bothering to change into something comfortable. Hugging your pillow, you finally let the tears that you had been holding in all day out. You didn't hold back as you let the tears fall and fall.

Little did you know, Julien had gotten out of the studio early and decided to surprise you with flowers and takeout.

When she opened the door, she was met with Charlie whining at her legs.

"What's wrong boy?" She asked, scratching behind his ears. She noticed your bag was left at the entrance which wasn't like you. You always put it away as soon as you got home.

Julien set the flowers and take out on the kitchen table before making her way towards the bedroom.

"Y/N?" She called.

You could hear her footsteps coming closer and closer to the door. You hid your face in the pillow, not wanting her to see you this way.

"Y/N baby?" She knocked softly on the door before opening it slowly.

Your back was to the door, and you were facing the window. You sniffled, keeping your gaze on the floor. Julien walked over to the bed and slowly climbed in next to you. She wrapped her arms around you and kissed your head.

"Bad day my love?" She asked softly, brushing some of your messy hair from your face.

You nodded, sniffling a little. She gently wiped away the stray tears that were running down your face.

You turned over to face her, before hiding your face in her chest, clinging to her like she would disappear. She held you close, rubbing your back soothingly. You both laid like this for a while until you removed your face from her chest, moving your head to lay on the pillow.

Julien kissed your forehead and tucked a strand of hair behind your ear. You gave her a small smile which she returned.

"There's my beautiful girl." She said.

You giggled softly.

You were glad that she didn't push you to talk.

"Are you hungry?" She asked.

You nodded.

She got up and then held her hand out for you to grab. Walking hand in hand to the kitchen, you were surprised to see flowers and takeout. Julien liked to spoil you any chance she got.

The rest of the night was filled with eating together on the couch and then cuddling as you both fell asleep to a random movie playing softly in the background.

You could count on Julien to make your bad days better.