Anxiety

The tour had just ended for Julien, and she was finally home. You both had spent the last week at home catching up on your favorite shows together and cuddling. Julien had been away for a few months, and you only managed to go see her a handful of times due to having work. You both are homebodies so not going out felt nice.

You and Julien shared a love for coffee. You both took your coffee in different ways. You liked to drink sweet coffee while she preferred black coffee. Julien tried your coffee once and almost spit it out. She said it was too sweet for her as she already has you. A bit cheesy.

"Hey babe?" Julien asked as she walked into the living room. She was wearing her white shirt, black slacks, and the necklace she always wore. Her hair pulled back into a messy low bun.

"Yes?" You asked, turning your attention to her. You were mindlessly watching Criminal Minds as you waited for her to get ready.

"Do you want to stop and get coffee before our hike?"

You laughed and nodded. "Yeah."

You could never say no to coffee. Especially Dunkin's coffee.

After turning off the TV and fixing your hair, you both made your way out to the car. Julien got in the driver's seat while you got in the passenger seat. You've always had driving anxiety, so Julien typically drove you two.

You connected your phone to the aux as Julien made her way out of the parking garage. Thankfully the Dunkin was only a 5-minute drive from the apartment. After finding a spot to park, Julien rushed over to your side to open your door. You thanked her and the two of you walked hand in hand into the store.

Since it was still early in the morning, the line was short and moved quickly. You both ordered before waiting off to the side. When the barista handed you guys your drinks she gasped.

"Wait- you're Julien Baker, right?" She was looking Julien up and down, trying to see if she was really standing in front of her.

Julien smiled at her and nodded.

The barista put a hand over her mouth, smiling wide.

"Can I take a picture with you?" The barista asked.

Julien nodded and smiled again. "Of course."

It was cute to see fans when they realized their favorite artist was in their place of work. You took the photo for them, and Julien hugged the barista before you both made your way outside.

Instead of being met with quiet, you both were bombarded by paparazzi and their flashing cameras. The men were all yelling Julien's name and asking her to stop for an autograph.

All the sounds and lights felt overwhelming to you. Even though you and Julien had been together for three years, you kept your relationship private. You guys only posted each other here and there on social media. Most of the time, you were able to walk out in public without an issue.

You felt yourself getting lost in the crowd and panic started to rise. You wanted to scream but you couldn't. You couldn't even speak to try and call your girlfriend. You started tugging at your hair, trying to fight your way through the crowd. It felt like forever before you heard a familiar voice and a hand grasping yours, helping you move forward.

Julien and you raced to the car and the second you were in the passenger seat, your hands were over your ears, trying to block out the noise. Thankfully Julien's car windows were tinted, giving you some privacy.

You felt her rub your back soothingly, trying to help calm you down. It still felt hard to breathe and you struggled to breathe normally.

"Angel, can you copy my breathing?"

You shifted your body to face her as she grabbed both of your hands. You looked into her eyes as she helped you copy her breathing. Slowly you started to return to your normal breathing pattern.

"I'm sorry." You said, letting out a sigh.

You always felt bad when Julien had to help calm you down due to anxiety. You knew that she didn't mind, but you still felt guilty.

"You have nothing to apologize for. You know I'm always here to help you. I didn't know the paparazzi would follow us."

You leaned over the console, wrapping your arms around your girlfriend. She held you close, kissing the top of your head.

"I love you Y/N."

You smiled and leaned back to look at her.

"I love you too."

She smiled and pecked your forehead and lips before getting situated in the driver's seat again. You both put on your seatbelts and turned on the music before finally heading off to have some much-needed time together.