Chapter 23: No.2 (Finale)

Few hour before the conference

"We have arrived in Seoul."

Yoora informs Jackson who sighed in relief upon hearing that. He assigned few officers to get them to a safe house. The trio once again reunited. Jackson walked past Yoora, slightly pushing her, he embraced his best friend. Namjoon chuckled at his silly friend before hugging back and sigh in relief.

"Thank goodness for keeping you safe."

Jackson mumbled. Yoora cleared her throat causing the two men to look at her. She gestured towards the old hybrid woman causing them to get serious.

"Ma'am, thank you for cooperating with us..."

Jackson showed his gratitude towards the old cheetah hybrid.

"No... I should be doing what is right... even if he is my mate... I cannot just stay here and do nothing."

Maya said with a hint of sadness in her voice. Namjoon walked towards her and kneel down to meet her eyes. He held her hand in his gently.

"You are very strong Maya. Going against your own mate takes courage... thank you."

The older hybrid smiled at the younger before caressing his left ear with her shaking hands. After letting the older woman to rest for few hours, Namjoon, Yoora and Jackson gathered around to discuss further plans.

"So... what should we do? Bring Maya in front of Lee Suk is quite dangerous. He could do anything."

"I agree."

Yoora agreed with Jackson making Namjoon dive in a deep thought. His mind clicked causing him to look at them.

"Why don't we bring her to the world?"

"Meaning?" Jackson asked.

Present
MediCure Banquet Hall

"Hybridizer is not a cure. Hybridizer is a weapon to annilihate hybrids."

Namjoon's statement shocked everyone. It was a bold claim and a great accusation. His whole life could crumble in an instant.

"This is a lie! How dare you! How dare you!"

Lee Suk was losing it. His facade was fading, bringing the real him into the light. The media captured everything in real time. Lee Suk, Hybridizer and Namjoon were trending across all social media sites. Lee Suk stepped off the stage and hurried his steps towards Namjoon. He held the hybrid by his collar and glared into his eyes causing Namjoon to smirk.

"You have nothing on me!"

"Are you sure?"

Namjoon asked confidently getting So-man and the rest panel members worried. Suddenly, a white screen started coming down. Namjoon leaned at side and whispered.

"Not even Maya?"

Lee Suk turned around to find Yoora with his wife, Maya. Her figure was weak, her eyes almost on the verge of losing sight. She was barely keeping up. But what was above all that was, it had been twenty years since Lee Suk saw his wife. Lee Suk stepped away from the hybrid and fixed his gaze on the screen.

"Good Afternoon everyone. Today, we have Mrs. Maya Suzuki Choi with us."

Yoora said confidently in the camera before moving her gaze at the older hybrid. Maya was scared, shivering from fear of the consequences followed by her actions. She looked at Yoora, who gave her an assuring nod.

"My name is Maya Suzuki Choi... I am from Japan's remote village Aogashima. Around thirty years ago... I met my mate... Choi Lee Suk. And we got married."