Chapter 8: Monster

A/N: The following chapter is a flashback episode. Warning of human cruelty is being issued.

Lee Suk drank his tenth glass of whiskey as he was still fuming in anger from the news report few days back. His hatred for hybrids was never gone because all he knew was that they were against natural evolution but if it wasn't nature they wouldn't have existed in the first place. But Lee Suk believed that humans are superior in every aspect of nature.

Even though the United Nations had given hybrids all the rights and privileges humans enjoyed, there were still many humans who were salty from this particular decision and Lee Suk was no different.

He not only had a degrading mindset towards them but also personal.

(50 years Ago)
Location: Countryside

A young adult of twenty, Choi Lee Suk entered his old grandparents farmhouse in the old Countryside of Seoul. He had spent most of his childhood with them. He dropped his bags in his room and went to his granny for breakfast.

As his granny was feeding him breakfast when he heard a gun shot coming from the back porch. He excitedly rushed there to find his grandfather holding a short gun in his hand, standing over a dying helpless tiger hybrid.

"You worthless animals deserve to be under my feet!"

Grandfather said before laughing mockingly at the dead hybrid. He turned around and saw Lee Suk coming towards him causing him to drop the gun and embraced his grandson.

"My child how are you? Since the day you started going to the medical college, you have stopped visiting your old grandparents!"

"I am sorry grandpa, medical is time consuming so it takes most of my time in studying... but I am here now! And I can't wait to go hybrid hunting with you!"

The older man laughed as he gestured him to come along to a separate room built in the back porch to display all of the hybrids that he killed in his long filthy life. But for young Lee Suk these were his family's prestige, the hatred and disgust for hybrids ran in his blood.

Spending a week hunting hybrids with his grandfather, he got his count of kill in double digits making his grandfather proud. One of the days grandfather wasn't feeling well, so Lee Suk decided to go hunting alone. After three hours of no prey in sight, Lee Suk decides to head back home. He starts his engined Jeep but just then he heard a sound come from not so far distance. He squinted his eyes and saw a baby lion hybrid playing around alone.

Lee Suk smirked and picked up his shotgun and fired his shot killing the poor young hybrid on sight. He left the hybrid there and drived back home. Later the night after asking his grandfather about his health, Lee Suk got ready to sleep but just then he heard a loud scream from his grandfather's room. Lee Suk ran towards his grandma's room to find his grandfather getting brutally stabbed in his chest by a lion hybrid while his grandma screamed her lungs out at the sight.

Lee Suk stood there frozen at the sight, he couldn't understand what was happening while witnessing everything. The hybrid stopped and looked Lee Suk dead in the eyes and then turned around to jump out of the window. The old woman couldn't feel her legs as she crawled towards her dying husband.

Lee Suk came to some senses and rushed by his grandfather's side and held his cold and bloody hands, crying his eyes out as his old man was taking his last breathe.

"D-do-don't cr-cry for m-my de-death son.. t-ta-take th-this as a opp-opportunity to wipe out all th-the hy-hybrids... promise me..."

"I promise.... grandpa... I promise!"

Lee Suk sobbed as he held his grandfather's hand but the strength of the older man was gone as his hand slipped from the younger's.

"NO!"

He held the blooded body as he cried. His parents came the next day to hold the funeral for the deceased. Grandma sat next to the quiet young boy who hasn't spoken since the night of incident. Something had changed in her grandchild's eyes, they were no longer playful and happy, they were rageful, filled with hate and that hate drove him mad.

When he returned to Seoul and immersed himself in medical studies. He experimented on every possible chemical, elements he could to full-fill his promise to his grandfather. Annihilation of Hybrids. After years of studying and research he had finally found a way to execute his promise but there was one problem he couldn't control the concentration level of the drug causing all of his victims that he experimented on to led all kind of side-effects except for death.

His loyal subordinates cheered him for his success but Lee Suk didn't want these small side effects, he wanted them to die on one take. That's why, he deviced a plan to announce to the world that he is coming up with a new healing medicine which would cure any disease hybrids would come in contact with. Everything was horseshit, he never cared about hybrids and also people who sympathize with them and also marry them, creating half-hybrids which only disgusted him more.

Present

Lee Suk was pulled out of his memories by a knock on the door causing him to lift his gaze towards the door and said a low 'come in,' to which So-man entered the room and bowed to the older man. Lee Suk leaned back on his chair causing the chair to stretch back.

"What brings you here my son?"

"Sir, I have a bad news for you."

"What is it?"

"The drugs you gave.. are not compatible with the formula of Hybridizer. All the test show negative results, we need to rerun your drug-"

Something hit on So-man's head causing the man to stop his words and yelp in pain as he held his head where he was hit. He slowly opened his eyes to see a raging Lee Suk huffing.

"Who do you think you are to question me!"

He yelled causing So-man to flinch at it. His breathing became uneven as the older man came closer to him. Lee Suk's anger calmed down and looked at So-man with sorry eyes. The sudden change of behavior scared So-man.

"I am sorry my son... I didn't mean to hurt you... but you know I don't like it when things don't go my way..."

Lee Suk placed his hands on So-man's shoulder and gripped them. The younger gulped down his own saliva as he looked into the older's meniscus eyes.

"Go according to plan and bring me the best results for your bright future. So-man, you know I have no family of my own... I spent my whole life to create those drugs... they are my life's investments."

He removed his hands from the younger's shoulders and walked to his office chair and spinned only to stop it midway and turn to face So-man.

"Leave."

So-man sprinted out of the after bowing down to the older fear more than respect.

News Station

Yoora was sitting in front of the mirror in the green room, getting ready for her first ever prime time appearance. She turned around as she heard a small knock on the door and Mr. Guk's head peaking from the same.

"Are you ready?"

Yoora took a deep breath and looked at Mr. Guk with a determined look.

"Yes."