Chapter 18: Hectic

"So... you mean to tell me... he lied to you and escaped?"

Jackson simply nodded but hissed due to the pain he felt. Namjoon's punch for real displaced Jackson's jaw. Mrs. Bong wasn't buying Jackson's tale. She knew that Jackson and Namjoon were best friends. But she had no evidence against the young officer. She excused him and asked her officers to cease all toll roads, busses, airports and train stations.

The news of Namjoon escaping had spread like wildfire. Netizens commented against the hybrid, judging that he cowardly ran away.

On the other side, So-man and his new team were working on Hybridizer. Yet another failed attempt. So-man wished if Namjoon's formula was still with him. But now, not only has his formula gone but also Namjoon too. Taking a short break from the tiring hours, So-man makes way to the cafeteria. He passes by his subordinates who greet him. Among them were hybrids, whom he had taught in colleges, given them training and now, he was working on a medical weapon to destroy them.

At this point, So-man felt his conscience in a weird entanglement. He knew what he was doing was wrong and a big crime but his son don't deserve to be involved in these but he was. He has to protect him.

Yoora spoke with Jackson, who informed her whatever took place and she told him about Namjoon's plan to visit Japan, to find the source. Jackson arranged a boat for the duo to escape. Namjoon was surprised when Yoora said she too was tagging along.

"But it can be dangerous... I think you should stay."

"But I cannot leave you alone."

"Yoora..."

Namjoon paused and looked at the young lady. She was determined to make things right.

"You will be in trouble for helping a fugitive. Will you be fine by that?"

"I am fine by that."

Namjoon sighed in defeat and boarded the boat, getting himself ready for the upcoming fight.

The police station was in chaos since they couldn't find Namjoon's whereabouts. Mrs. Bong was definitely not liking how things were going around and the pressure from the high-ups wasn't helping either. She summoned Jackson in the interrogation room and had a face-to-face conversation.

"Jackson, what are you hidding? It's you who helped him escape, aren't you?"

"Wouldn't that be too obvious?"

Jackson said nonchalantly, getting on Mrs. Bong's nerves. She glares at him before getting into her composure. She placed her hands on the steel table and leaned a bit forward.

"Look, Jackson, I know you are Namjoon's best friend and you two share a history but you are also a police officer who have sworn to protect the people of this country. And you just helped a criminal escape!"

"That's true. I sworn to protect the people of this country, I have sworn to protect true victims. Not some rich and powerful maniac who is planning to annilate a whole species!"

Mrs. Bong sighed in defeat. She looked at the young officer. His posture was defensive, and prepared. She knew, he wasn't afraid of the consequences he could face. He just wanted to prove a statement. She rose to her feet and looked at him.

"You will be off duty for next three months."

With that said, Mrs. Bong left, leaving the young officer in slight dismay. Though he knew this was bound to happen but he still didn't like the order. He placed his police batch, ID and gun on the steel desk and left the station.

Jackson went home and sat on his couch. He looked his coffee table which was occupied by the missing hybrids case. He very well knew, that the investigation team will be busy searching for Namjoon, leaving this case unsolved. He took upon himself to find the victims while his best friend and Yoora were searching for the source.