𝟎𝟏𝟐 Project Sun Witch

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

Ⅻ 𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒋𝒆𝒄𝒕 𝒔𝒖𝒏 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒄𝒉

HAZEL'S STEPS ECHOED THROUGHOUT THE DARK HALLS. She followed the red lights along the walls towards the large metal doors. As she stepped closer they opened for her revealing the large dome of pulsating light. She stepped through the doors, walking towards the gold and blue lights. The doors slammed closed behind her and as she turned, all the walls had disappeared and she stood in the empty dark abyss.

Her boots made a soft thud against the glass floor. "Not yet." A stern voice cut through the air like a sharp whistle.

Hazel looked back, her mother standing across from her. "Mom?"

"Hazel..."

"Hazel." Hazel pushed her face off the cold STAR Labs table and looked up at Kory who had been nudging her arm.

"Hey, um, hi, hey," Hazel muttered, rubbing her eyes.

"I'm gonna go check on Dick," Kory explained gesturing behind her. "Do want me to send someone to keep you company? I can get Gar."

"Uh no. He's in the Red," Hazel explained, smiling softly.

Kory glanced down the hall before sitting in the seat next to Hazel. "Are you okay?" Kory asked, her voice soft.

Hazel's eyes jumped across the tracking screen displayed on the table before shaking her head. She looked up at Kory and smiled slightly. "No, but I have to be." She turned back to the screen and Kory pushed herself up, headed for the door. "Hey, Kory. Tell Dick his idea is good."

"What?" Kory said chuckling softly.

"He'll know what I mean."

Kory nodded and started to turn but she paused. "Hazel, get out of your suit." Hazel looked down at her Venom suit and gave Kory a thumbs-up before she disappeared down the hall.

Hazel turned back to the monitors, her smile dropping as she looked at Sebastions's face. She turned away and pulled the flask from her jacket pocket, taking a small swig. As she slid it back into her pocket she stopped, feeling a small stone in the bottom.

She pulled out the bright green stone, Jinx's stone. "I've had my fair share of death and resurrections." Hazel spun the stone between her fingers, the lights catching the gold flakes within. "Give me... an... open-opening." Hazel set the stone flat in her palm before taking the gem she took

"Haze," Dick called. 

Hazel looked over her shoulder, smiling at Dick that stood in the doorway. "Hey," Hazel called, putting both rocks in her pocket.

"Can you tell Jason Tim's on his way?" Dick asked, sliding his phone away. "He'll actually answer you."

Hazel nodded softly, "Thank you for giving him a chance, Dick." Dick nodded and stepped away. Hazel pulled out her phone and quickly called Jason. "Hey, the new bird's on his way."