𝟎𝟎𝟖 Conner Kent: Superboy

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

Ⅷ 𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒏𝒆𝒓 𝒌𝒆𝒏𝒕: 𝒔𝒖𝒑𝒆𝒓𝒃𝒐𝒚

HAZEL PULLED OUT A BOX OF CEREAL. Conner grabbed the largest bowl he could find and Hazel hummed. "Okay, that's coming out of Bruce's paycheck," Hazel mumbled to herself as she filled the bowl with the last of the cereal.

Conner immediately dug into the cereal, shoving it into his mouth with an equally large spoon.

Gar opened the fridge and grabbed the jug of milk. "So we pretty much have the entire place to ourselves-" Gar tried to pour the milk into Conner's cereal but he reeled back slightly. Gar persisted and filled the bowl to the top. "-uh, until the others get back, that is." Gar placed the jug down. "Which should be soon."

"How did I get here?" Conner asked, his mouth full.

Hazel pulled herself onto the counter between the boys. "You don't remember?" Hazel questioned. Conner shook his head. "Do you remember anything?"

"Just little bits and pieces," Conner shrugged. "I remember feeling really sick, and hearing a lot of voices, and then it was like I was on fire, I remember your face and name and then-" Conner paused, looking between Hazel and Gar. "Is Eve here?"

"She was," Gar nodded. "She, uh- She helped you get better." Gar chuckled softly. "Well, it was her and Kory and Hazel." Hazel gave Conner a small smile.

"What is this place?" Conner asked, scooping more food into his mouth.

A proud smile grew on Gar's face as he turned to face Conner fully. "Titans Tower," Gar answered with pride.

Conner's smile dropped and his eyes furrowed. "Gar, he's been out for like three days," Hazel reminded, leaning back on the counter.

"Yeah, I guess that might sound a little weird with no context," Gar mumbled. "Um, okay. The Titans are a group of people like you, basically."

"Heroes," Hazel clarified.

"I mean, you're Superman's son, right?" Gar questioned with excitement.

"And Lex Luthor's," Conner added.

"Yeah, well, no one's perfect," Gar shrugged, laughing slightly. "You saved our friend, Jason Todd," Gar went on. "He was falling from a building, and you caught him."